Canada questions

So I've seen posts about great places to climb in BC, but as I'm new to climbing and haven't achieved the superhero status that the rest of you have, I was hoping that some of you might stoop and give me some remedial advice! I'm moving to Abbotsford in a couple of months and don't as yet know anyone who climbs up there. I was wondering if there were some outdoor climbing walls in the area or, better yet, just some fun real rock to climb on that's not too far away. Just something I can practice on before getting in everyone's way at Squamish...

Any other climbing-resource tips for that area would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by dope on a rope:
So I've seen posts about great places to climb in BC, but as I'm new to climbing and haven't achieved the superhero status that the rest of you have, I was hoping that some of you might stoop and give me some remedial advice! I'm moving to Abbotsford in a couple of months and don't as yet know anyone who climbs up there. I was wondering if there were some outdoor climbing walls in the area or, better yet, just some fun real rock to climb on that's not too far away. Just something I can practice on before getting in everyone's way at Squamish...

Any other climbing-resource tips for that area would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks!

www.drulsprayshaw.org

resident opinion holder and expert on all that he makes up!!!!!

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: erik ]

there is a crag on top of sumas mountain, there is flashpoint gym in abby, there is all sortsa shit out there. get the mini-guides to chehalis river, hatzic crag, harrison lakes etc at flashpoint, valhalla pure or wherever or wait till i write Fraser Valley Rock for Elaho ... wink.gif" border="0

if you can spot you can stand by my pad at lake of the woods in hope...and keep me from hitting the big blocks when i fall off of XXXXXXXXX* again.

* censored for reasons of National security. grin.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by robertm:
Dru, last summer I was road tripping by Valhalla Prov. Park and a town called New Denver. There was a cool little crag along the lake (Slocan). Have you ever been out that way?

i did 2 routes there and then went swimming.

Thanks for the tips - I'll check those mini-guides out. I knew there had to be a ton o' shit out there, but it's not like they're listed in the yellow pages.

And yes, I can spot. The question is "Am I worthy?" wink.gif" border="0 The other question is - is an American allowed to visit XXXXXXXXX? Or would I pose a threat to national security?

• 2 weeks later...