• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Go

[TR] Pasaytan Wilderness 7/16-18/12 - 7/23/2012

Trip: Pasaytan Wilderness 7/16-18/12 -

Date: 7/23/2012

Trip Report:

Took my dog Jesse on a loop from Chewuch River to Horseshoe Basin, over to Apex Pass and back down. 48 miles and 6 peaks. First day climbed Topaz Mtn (7792) and camped near Sunny Pass. The next day we hustled to the top of Horseshoe Mtn (8000) to beat the lightning.

IMG_24831.JPG

IMG_24882.JPG

Laouden Lk with Horseshoe Mtn

IMG_2496.JPG

The growing thunderstorms prevented me from climbing Arnold and Armstrong so I moved on. Soon the thunder heads disipated and the fog with drizzle settled in. We strolled up Haig Mtn (7865) and conected the ridge over Teapot Dome (7608) and up to Bauerman Ridge (8044). Great terrain and awsome views.

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2504.JPG

IMG_25122.JPG

Lake near Teapot Dome

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

This cool looking prow, Dr Johnson Pt, above Scheelite Lk has a route by Pete Doorish. His climb goes to the left side of the white wall, but there was a steller looking crack system right up the middle and on the right.

IMG_25231.JPG

Bauerman Ridge

IMG_2518.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

On top of Apex Mtn

IMG_2531.JPG

From camp looking west to Cathedral Peak

IMG_2536.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2547.JPG

I hustled up Wolframite Mtn (8137) before heading down the long, hot, dusty trail.

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_25641.JPG

Tungsten Mine

IMG_2567.JPG

gotta love any trip w/a partner who doesn't threaten to consume your share of the booze :)

woulda loved to see pix of the pooch handling the cavern part of the cathedral dog route!

The only downer for the dog was that there was no water within 3 miles of the trail head. On the way back he was stopping at every shade and within the last mile he was laying down at every shade and I was giving him water every 3 shades. The last mile took forever.