Lillooet Mar16-17

Gilles

Still quite cold in Lillooet!We climbed:- Rambles: in- Synchronicity: in, really pleasant in a sunny Sunday, last pitch tricky to protect (rotten ice)

We saw:- Carlsberg: in- Red Wall Wanderer: from the road, the pillar looks fat and blue- Tube: in- Loose Lady: a car parked, first pitch in- Serendipity: not inThanks to the good soul who installed a rope on the log jam on the Synchro approach!Gilles & Deryk

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilles, with the cold temps this last week and the next few days I was thinking of heading up next weekend. The forecast currently for Friday is +10 and rain.

I was last up there 3/2-3/3. I'm guessing it may be fatter than then but not sure- you've been up there the last two weeks. Do you think the ice is thick enough to withstand a warm blast this weekend and still be safe? did CarlBerg 3/2, is it still pretty sealed up in the upper gully? Thanks

The climbs is the sun will unlikely sustain warm temp much longer; Synchro was melting in the sun despite of the low temp yesterday.Stuff like Marble, Rambles and RWW, sheltered as they are, will probably still host good climbing. I don't know for Bridge River area, but if there is any new snow, NightnG may not be the choice.As for Carlsberg, somebody soloed the first 20m on Saturday, so I guess it's in wink.gif" border="0 , but I don't know about the higher stuff.Take long screws (for rotten ice) and stubbies.

[ 03-18-2002: Message edited by: Gilles ]

Thanks- so Synchro came back huh? On march 2 the middle section of the ramp pitch was totally missing- a big brown section of rock in it's place. Carlsberg was really good that weekend, so I'm guessing it's fattened up a bit more even. I was mainly concerned about the upper gully not to climb it but so that it isn't open and running and dumping chunks of ice down the route, like it did to us in January. I'll be watching the weather.Thanks.