Read it and weep conservatives.

kevbone

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob spends 900 billion, I spend 1 trillion, and you spend 1.01 trillion. You still spent more than me or Rob. :rolleyes:

Yes, but he still "reigned in spending" more than you or I, didn't he? It would seem most conservatives would consider this to be a good thing. I'm still genuinely confused why republicans don't like Obama. He's more of a republican than Bush was (which isn't saying much, I suppose)

If I spent 900 million and you spent 1 trillion, and jon spent 1.1 trillion, it seems to me that jon's "share" of the spending is way less than my "share" of the spending. Sounds like spending less, to me. You couldn't blame Jon for the 900 million *I* was responsible for. You could only blame him for the spending he added to the pie, which is less

Not a hard concept ;)

Edited by rob

Rob spends 900 billion, I spend 1 trillion, and you spend 1.01 trillion. You still spent more than me or Rob. :rolleyes:

Yes, but he still "reigned in spending" more than you or I, didn't he? It would seem most conservatives would consider this to be a good thing. I'm still genuinely confused why republicans don't like Obama. He's more of a republican than Bush was (which isn't saying much, I suppose)

If I spent 900 million and you spent 1 trillion, and jon spent 1.1 trillion, it seems to me that jon's "share" of the spending is way less than your "share" of the spending. Sounds like spending less, to me. You couldn't blame Jon for the 900 million *I* was responsible for. You could only blame him for the spending he added to the pie, which would be less than either of us.

Not a hard concept ;)

If he spent less than he'd actually cut spending. Government spending has outpaced inflation for decades now. What I want to see is less spending period, not more. I'm not saying Romney would do that, nor do I believe a 2nd term of Barry would "reign in spending". And it's no surprise that Bush 43 spent too much year after year.

All I commented on was how the chart is mislabled and BS. Barry is not the smallest gov't spender, he is the biggest. Incrementalism, my friend. But all the leftwingers here are looking for a big argument. Sorry, but I see nothing to get excited over here. You can all pat each other on the backs and talk about how great Barry is, and cheer for how we are on the right track as a country. Enjoy!

Conservatives obviously can't argue with properly derived conclusions from data aka facts because in most cases they don't work in their favor.

Rob spends 900 billion, I spend 1 trillion, and you spend 1.01 trillion. You still spent more than me or Rob. I know, a tough concept to grasp. :rolleyes:

Yes, but I spent half of that 1.01 million maintaining two wars you started.

If he spent less than he'd actually cut spending. Government spending has outpaced inflation for decades now. What I want to see is less spending period, not more. I'm not saying Romney would do that, nor do I believe a 2nd term of Barry would "reign in spending". And it's no surprise that Bush 43 spent too much year after year.

All I commented on was how the chart is mislabled and BS. Barry is not the smallest gov't spender, he is the biggest. Incrementalism, my friend. But all the leftwingers here are looking for a big argument. Sorry, but I see nothing to get excited over here. You can all pat each other on the backs and talk about how great Barry is, and cheer for how we are on the right track as a country. Enjoy!

Hey, Amen KK.

The title is wrong. He spent more then anyone, his rate of increase is just the smallest. Which if fucking crazy considering all the entitlement programs that he has put into effect. It should me much higher.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no huge fan of President Obama (I'm not on such familiar terms with him that I call him Barry), but considering the alternative we were/are being presented with, it's pretty easy to make the right call.

Unless you're

in_de_nile21.jpg

[Edit: and yes- point taken Jon]

Edited by Philonius

Hey, Amen KK.

The title is wrong. He spent more then anyone, his rate of increase is just the smallest. Which if fucking crazy considering all the entitlement programs that he has put into effect. It should me much higher.

If you attribute the stimulus to Bush, and then consider the backlash that got, yeah, Obama got a lot of pressure to slow spending, so it makes sense.

I thought Obama would cut spending on the wars and roll back tax cuts. He's done neither. In my perfect world the size of gov't has an upper limit (that we've frankly gone over) and what differentiates the parties is HOW THEY CHOOSE TO SPEND THAT FIXED AMOUNT OF MONEY. The pie is sliced and diced differently, that's all. Furthermore, in times of surplus we would not just spend like crazy (except maybe to pay for long-neglected things like infrastructure).

We have plenty of money, we just spend it poorly. Imagine what we could do if we stopped giving our money away to the military-industrial complex and the financial lobby! We could probably fund our social programs, fix our infrastructure, AND cut taxes.

Eisenhower was right. We didn't listen!

We have plenty of money, we just spend it poorly. Imagine what we could do if we stopped giving our money away to the military-industrial complex and the financial lobby! We could probably fund our social programs, fix our infrastructure, AND cut taxes.

We still need a military. The problem is we try to do way too much with it (worldwide bases, multiple wars) and want the most expensive toys of every flavor imaginable (bombers, interceptors, aircraft carriers, missile systems, etc)

Hey, Amen KK.

If you attribute the stimulus to Bush, and then consider the backlash that got, yeah, Obama got a lot of pressure to slow spending, so it makes sense.

I thought Obama would cut spending on the wars and roll back tax cuts. He's done neither. In my perfect world the size of gov't has an upper limit (that we've frankly gone over) and what differentiates the parties is HOW THEY CHOOSE TO SPEND THAT FIXED AMOUNT OF MONEY. The pie is sliced and diced differently, that's all. Furthermore, in times of surplus we would not just spend like crazy (except maybe to pay for long-neglected things like infrastructure).

Now you are talking like a democrat.

We still need a military. The problem is we try to do way too much with it (worldwide bases, multiple wars) and want the most expensive toys of every flavor imaginable (bombers, interceptors, aircraft carriers, missile systems, etc)

China spends exactly 10x less on military and somehow they are not in immediate danger of being attacked. If you adjust for inflation we are spending more money on military then during WWII, and lowered taxes- how the fuck is this supposed to work? Not only there is a spending issue, but there is also revenue issue.

One way to address the military issue would be to re-instate draft. Politicians would be way less likely to send people into harms way.

The other cherry is the remnant of the Bush and paying to pharmaceutical companies without negotiating the contracts. Crazy! You could close a huge financial gap just by doing this single thing alone.