Tight Leg Muscles

When I injured my arm this winter I did a lot of hiking and was doing some stretching but apparently not enough. The inner thigh muscles on my right leg have become really tight to the point they kink up just walking around. I have a pretty good split stretch front to rear, it's the side to side stretch (legs split straight sideways) that is really tight.

Technically I think it's the adductor muscles.

Tried soaking, massaging, stretching, nothing seems to make it better. Time to hire an expert but I've never done anything like this. Should this be a physical therapist or a sports massage therapist? Or someone else?

Can anyone recommend someone?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you tried to strengthen the abductors, and stretching the adductors for 5 x 2 min sessions? are your hip flexors also tight? stretch those too. stregnthen the gluts if the hip flexors are tight

your SI joint may be outta wack as well

5 x 2 minutes once a day? What is the best way to stretch this? I have a torn left ACL and it's wearing to the bone on the edge, sort of painful to do a standing sideways split.

the only leg exercise I get is hiking with a pack and climbing. What's the best way to strengthen abductors?

Thinking the bad left knee which may be overtaxing the right leg

don't think anything else is tight, have a good high step stretch

kneel on your bad hip side and keep your upper body erect as possible. push your hip forward and bend towards the ground. to get more adductor, turn your lower leg in. more of a hip flexor stretch, but still gets the inners too.

sit butterfly style. keep your body erect and lean to the ground. you may need to hold your feet together, and have your forarms on your knees to keep them from rising up.