Lightest, Largest, Locker

CaleHoopes

Hey folks,

After a smattering of pack weight related injuries from Denali, I'm cutting down my glacier rack greatly for grade 1 climbs.

Therefore, I'm looking for suggestions for lightweight, large, lockers.

Something with a gate clearance above 20mm & lightweight (60-80g).

Seems like the contenders really are the Wild Country Helix, Petzl Attache 3D, etc.

Thoughts?

Cale

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two Attache 3D and I can't get over how awesome they are. I've determined that I will slowly (they are expensive) buy more. They are the ones I reach for all the time and am sad when I've used them all. I am in love with them. Light, smooth operation, tells you if it's locked visible.

I have two Attache 3D and I can't get over how awesome they are. I've determined that I will slowly (they are expensive) buy more. They are the ones I reach for all the time and am sad when I've used them all. I am in love with them. Light, smooth operation, tells you if it's locked visible.

+1

And it doesnt freeze shut as easily

I have a couple of Rock Exotica RockO that I've been happy with. not as light as others, but within your range. I think they're more rounded, which I prefer when using as pulleys, and since they're ovals they don't get funky when I have them opposed on my tie-in points, or when used for a garda hitch.

they also have a screw lock called the Pirate which is at the upper end of your weight range, but it has 25mm opening.