Plaidman's new route on the Steeple

billcoe

We may have a go this weekend on Sunday. Here are some pics from last weekend.

Thanks for all the help Bill and Rick, Ronda, Mike Reddig, and all those that suffered this endless thread.

Anchor at the top that I rapped off.

SAM_1622.JPG

SAM_1637.JPG

SAM_1638.JPG

SAM_1639.JPG

SAM_1632.JPG

Crappy pic of the rap line down the way I came up on "Brother Mike".

SAM_1636.JPG

SAM_1626.JPG

SAM_1629.JPG

Edited by Plaidman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick McDonald and I free climbed "Brother Mike" on The Steeple. The first free ascent went in 4 pitches. 1st pitch was a trad lead by me in a 60 foot crack system to a semi-hanging belay. The first pitch is 5.7. Then Rick led the the second pitch. At the third bolt he did a crouching tiger lunging dyno to a two finger ledge/knob. The second pitch is 115 ft. with 22 draws and goes at 5.10-. I then led the third pitch off the Monster Knob. This pitch is 80 ft. with 13 draws and goes at 5.10-. Rick led to the summit which is 120 ft. with 4 draws and slinging 4 knobs and goes at 5.6

Awesome day!!! Awesome partner on a great climb. Hard to beat.

Here are some pics.

100_0940.JPG

100_0941.JPG

100_09431.JPG

100_0944.JPG

100_09451.JPG

100_09461.JPG

100_0949.JPG

100_0950.JPG

100_0952.JPG

100_09531.JPG

100_0955.JPG

100_0956.JPG

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/500/medium/100_09

Nice work! Looks like a fun climb!

That it is, that it is.

Now we need to get some folks on it to confirm that rating and have fun at the same time.

We should do an office pool on when the 2nd ascent is ......like I'm talking guess the year :-)

Congrats Scott, Rick and Rhonda!!!

I would like formally thank Bill Coe for the hardware contributions. The Fixe Chain Anchors are AWESOME!!!! The route will be able to be rapped with one 60m rope. And the rope pulls great from the rap stations I have set.

LOL! Thanks and you're welcome. Hope to see a Trip report of how Ben likes the route when you lap it today.

I will write up a full report later. And post some pics from today. I jugged the route and took pictures and did some fixing up of the route. Added a bolt to the top rap anchor and added the last rap anchor to the route. Now the route can be rapped with a single 60m rope and all the fixed lines are down and the route is itchin' to be climbed. Ben thought it was a blast and the best line up the rock. Sure is a sweet one.

• 1 month later...

No Steeple today. We may have missed our last day to climb out there this season. We will have to see next weekend's weather. Climbed at OH8 with SteveTimTravlr and Tim Wilson. Rick and I were spent. Maybe trying to climb Sasquatch was not the best idea. After that I went right downhill. Turned 50 today. Glad to still be climbing!

After that I went right downhill. Turned 50 today.

Turning 50 and still climbing seriously is a badge of honor. But those two statements back to back are priceless.

For my 50th I eschewed climbing for a hot tub filled with drunken naked people. But I did go climbing a few days later.

Edited by matt_warfield