Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • olyclimber

      WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

      We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
telemarker

Leavenworth Poison Ivy/Oak??

Recommended Posts

can't you buy chemicals to neutralize the oil?

 

http://www.zanfel.com/help/

 

Only thing that I have found to help. And it does feel like sandpaper going on; in a masochisticly great way. Hope your insurance covers it. Last time I was using it, it ran $40 a tube and it took me two tubes to cover my [blister covered] body.

 

As for preventative care-- eyes all about it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I held back on the Skaha story, with that crap all over my rope and hands. I was about to piss my pants, and the only folks not contaminated were these two Canadian chicks. After a lot of laughs - still no one would help. :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should get rid of that stuff ASAP. Even herbicide that shit! Some people are very alergic to it and can go into Anaphylaxis shock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are allergic to bees, we should poison all of those, too. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One can always choose to stay home if our local flora and fauna prove too daunting for that delicate constitution.

 

And he is back and in style! Hi Tvash! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grew up playing around 20 foot high poison oak 'trees'. We were just dumb kids, but we quickly figured out how to gingerly maneuver around the stuff. No big deal.

 

Maybe its a generational thing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for poison ivy? never tried it...

 

Take some fine grit sandpaper. Nothing too rough, you just want to burst the blisters/break the skin, not rake yourself bloody.

 

Rub the sandpaper on the area. This should actually feel like sweet relief. You finally get to scratch the shit out of that poison ivy. Rub until the blisters have popped. Don't go too nuts. The blisters should be open and probably oozing a little clear liquid. This is normal.

 

Apply the rubbing alcohol to a Q-Tip or to a clean gauze for a larger area. Apply alcohol liberally to the area. This stings a little, but not any more than alcohol or peroxide on any open wound.

 

The itching stops almost immediately. Within the next day or so, the poison ivy will start to dry out and heal. To me, this is a much better alternative than suffering days, maybe even weeks of scratching and itching.

 

Someones a redditor lol.

 

Please do not do this! This guy was hella trolling. Its a good way to cause an infection.

 

Technu works great for prevention (you can get it at REI) but for treatment anti itch creams are really all that you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×