Leavenworth Poison Ivy/Oak??

telemarker

can't you buy chemicals to neutralize the oil?

http://www.zanfel.com/help/

Only thing that I have found to help. And it does feel like sandpaper going on; in a masochisticly great way. Hope your insurance covers it. Last time I was using it, it ran $40 a tube and it took me two tubes to cover my [blister covered] body.

As for preventative care-- eyes all about it!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for poison ivy? never tried it...

Take some fine grit sandpaper. Nothing too rough, you just want to burst the blisters/break the skin, not rake yourself bloody.

Rub the sandpaper on the area. This should actually feel like sweet relief. You finally get to scratch the shit out of that poison ivy. Rub until the blisters have popped. Don't go too nuts. The blisters should be open and probably oozing a little clear liquid. This is normal.

Apply the rubbing alcohol to a Q-Tip or to a clean gauze for a larger area. Apply alcohol liberally to the area. This stings a little, but not any more than alcohol or peroxide on any open wound.

The itching stops almost immediately. Within the next day or so, the poison ivy will start to dry out and heal. To me, this is a much better alternative than suffering days, maybe even weeks of scratching and itching.

Someones a redditor lol.

Please do not do this! This guy was hella trolling. Its a good way to cause an infection.

Technu works great for prevention (you can get it at REI) but for treatment anti itch creams are really all that you can do.