Jens

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday...

The Dihedral for Spring: Jens led up the bottom of The Dihedral, then crossed over and finished on Waite. Fun.

Icy BC first pitch: Picked out, somewhat funky, but plastic ice. Good feet. Getting hit by the morning sun now.

Second pitch: Melting from the inside out. There was a hole in the back that revealed a hollow tube, perhaps eight feet in diameter, with loads of running water. Surely leadable, but we walked around.

Third pitch: Jens led nicely. Chandeliered on the right, plastic and blobby just left.

He TR'd No Deductible and made it look easy. I skipped it and nursed my flu instead.

The lake was making cracking and groaning sounds all day. There are some cracks forming on it. We were a little nervous walking back across, then felt silly when, as we passed the lower lake, we noticed a pickup parked on it next to some fishermen.

Thursday...We did a lot of hiking but didn't climb any ice. It was snowing hard up the Bridge. Wanted to try Capricorn, but couldn't see it at all in the clouds and snow. We slogged up to Shriek then, when the snow didn't let up, bailed. Then we went hunting for Botanie Falls and did a lot of hiking, slogging, and postholing amidst more hard snow, but didn't find any climbable ice.

Lots of precip. Lots of standing water on the roads. Lots of snow in the Bridge. Beware the avy danger this weekend.

I'll have a TR up on my site later today.