• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
nels0891

Ptarmigan Ridge in August

Would like to do Ptarmigan ridge on Rainier in August if the conditions are suitable and thought I'd put the idea out there now.

I'm in Colorado right now living at 10,000 feet so I am well acclimatized and am working in the mountains all summer, so I'd like to be able to do this trip quite quickly.

I'm also from Washington and have plenty of experience on Rainier.

pretty lousy time of year for that there golden route :(

In my preliminary research, I came to the tenuous conclusion the Ptarmigan was the late-season alternative to Liberty Ridge.... not so?

sure, it'll have a hair less horseshit raining down on your head and not the same crevasse-fucked approach, but still...

Hey Ben, if your still interested I'm looking for a partner still for August. Just out of curiosity, what is your availability looking like for the next few weeks? Also, what is your climbing experience on rainier and elsewhere?