Unclimbed Ice

Dru

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by daler:
sorry dru- but i have to ask if you hiked or climbed up to see if there were rap slings on the trees?

dale

I dont know if you are claiming to have climbed it or know someone that might have...

I bet you could put rap slings there in the summer too though..

Looks great either way wink.gif" border="0

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

Dude that is so painfull. Giving us that photo and not giving a clue were it is. Is this some kind of test to see how smart us yanks are?

My guess is it on Nesakwatch spire. The rock face is textured like that stuff near rexford. Please send me PM if I am right. I promise not to "scoop" your ascent. (not like I could climb that hard) Bravo and cheers

quote:

Originally posted by daler:
sorry dru- but i have to ask if you hiked or climbed up to see if there were rap slings on the trees?

dale

The Secret Sprayer theory...who would keep quiet after climbing something like that?

And the summer ascent/attempts of the neighboring buttresses (Culbert West Face on the left and Chinese Puzzle on the right) could've produced many such rap rings. Rap slings prove nothing much for winter ascents. Absence of rap slings proves nothing either...abalakovs vanish after 1 season.

The south facing wall off to the right in Dru's photo looks to have some amazing cracks on it. Viewed to advantage from the Rexford basin, it appears as a giant patch of golden granite resembling the piece that fell off the Dru a couple of years back. You can probably walk along the divide crest from the Rexford basin.

quote:

Originally posted by jordop:
The south facing wall off to the right in Dru's photo looks to have some amazing cracks on it. Viewed to advantage from the Rexford basin, it appears as a giant patch of golden granite resembling the piece that fell off the Dru a couple of years back. You can probably walk along the divide crest from the Rexford basin.

"Chinese Puzzle Wall"... Beckey and Rob Must ( I think) did a few pitches in the early 90's... Max De Jong and friends got halfway up in the late 80's... you can still see the bail slings if you know where to look smile.gif" border="0 Beckey has it labelled on the drawn topo of the Rexford Approach in Vol. III

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
Anderson River tends to have some aggressive trees in cracks and on ledges

Right! right right...

I just saved that pic and noticed the cheaters way at this game....

..../nesakice.jpg

Maybe I should have guessed somewhere in northeast south alaska. rolleyes.gif" border="0

• 6 months later...