Manning Park

Dru

So I heard from Shaun Neufeld about some fat ice he did up in Manning... I went to investigate with Don Serl and Graham Rowbotham on Sunday. Two more parties had been in on Saturday and beat us a nice path through snow to the base. Nepopekum Falls is a steep WI4, 55m, that is easy for the grade because it is fiormed as 2 pillars and you chimney up most of the way between them so more technical than strenuous.

My buddy Brent went in on Saturday with some friends and got bouted by the other party in the race to the route so they hiked down creeek to the next big flow and did it - a one pitch WI 5 with a 2 hr. approach up snow covered scree.

This area is nice, high, cold and north facing, and will probably stay in shape for another month or so. Take snowshoes or skis for the approach.

I was asked not to provide exact directions cause of the possibility of "14 carloads of Americans seiging it next weekend" so I will say - go to Manning Park - go to Blue Chair - climb nearby knoll - have a look see -follow your nose or tracks in snow. Hint one climb is called NEPOPEKUM FALLS that should help you....

Good day trip from Chilliwack-Vancouver-Bellingham area. Season aint over yet.

Some of the stuff at Sumallo Bluffs is in but looks like scary loaded bowls above the ice - no thanks.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic