Canmore & The Ghost Conditions?

Gnash

Hi! Just looking for any info any of you might have on the current conditions of the ice in the North Ghost River area (GBU, VAlley of the Birds, House of Sky). Also for the Canmore area, I was wondering what the snowcover is like (Coire Dubh Integral etc.).

Thanks

G

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I heard, it was really cold and snowy. Bad Avy danger and everyone was skiing. I don't know about the current conditions, but I recently saw an article about the North Ghost. That place looks sick!! I'm headed out to Golden in March if conditions permit and I'm stoked to ice climb in the Rockies!!!

Gnash,

I climbed Wicked wanda and Malignant in the south ghost and Hydrophobia in the North ghost about a month ago. All three were in great shape!! It is a low snow year in the ghost as of 3 weeks ago and most of the approaching is on dirt or grass. When the Banff/lake louise area gets pounded by snowfall the ghost rarely has much accumulation.

dale