SCOTUS UPHOLDS OBAMACARE

rob

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's an interesting decision, and yes, I am surprised that Roberts was the swing vote. Scalia (wacko), Alito, and Thomas (dumb as a fern)everyone knew was going to vote the way they did. This was a pretty simple case, really, and a waste of time and money. Though not a particular fan of the law, as it keeps our tangled mess of health care in place, it was clearly under tax and commerce clauses.

It makes me smile to think of how many conservatives are going to vote for Romney even though he passed basically the same thing as governor.

:lmao:

Is it more then the number who are voting for him because he is white?

Conservatives should reread the constitution so that they don't keep incorrectly calling things unconstitutional

It is unconstitutional no matter what the supreme court says. Forcing the public to buy a product then taxing (penalty) them if they don't is pure fascism plain and simple. I am for health care but not this way. And no I dont have all the answers because I am a simpleton

It is unconstitutional no matter what the supreme court says.

That's classic.

Forcing the public to buy a product then taxing (penalty) them if they don't is pure fascism plain and simple.

Oh you mean like being required to have auto insurance? Or does everyone in the Tea Party take the bus and ride their bike?

Conservatives should reread the constitution so that they don't keep incorrectly calling things unconstitutional

It is unconstitutional no matter what the supreme court says. Forcing the public to buy a product then taxing (penalty) them if they don't is pure fascism plain and simple. I am for health care but not this way. And no I dont have all the answers because I am a simpleton

So neither you nor any of your friends will ever need to see a doctor. Health Care is the same as buying a ticket to see Van Halen?

Hey man if you don't like em don't buy a ticket.

Oh you mean like being required to have auto insurance? Or does everyone in the Tea Party take the bus and ride their bike?

Auto insurance is only mandatory if you drive a car.

Health insurance is only mandatory if you're alive.

Furthermore, auto insurance is not a federal mandate.

Do you see the difference?

If you buy a house, you get a tax deduction. If you buy health insurance, you do too. It's not a hard concept. What a bunch of whiney babies!

And dumb, too!

I actually do see the difference.

If your car breaks down the rest of us are not on the hook for the repairs.

If you break down, and you don't have health insurance, the rest of us pay for it.

If you buy a house, you get a tax deduction. If you buy health insurance, you do too. It's not a hard concept. What a bunch of whiney babies!

And dumb, too!

Actually, its worse than this. The government doesn't mandate home ownership, they mandate borrowing money from a mortgage lender. If I decide to rent or buy my house outright, they penalize me with higher taxes. They're trying to force me to give business to private lenders. Fascism!!!

Edited by rob

all these dirtbags who oppose the health care reform usually don't have a fucking health insurance. So it's also unconstitutional not to have liability insurance on a car? How constitutional is it to go to a hospital or ER and stiff the tax payer with the bill? Gee, get a fucking clue.

And that is the crux of the biscuit. The whole "constitutionality" concept is bullshit, because the constitution should be re-written about every 50 years. So is the 2 party system, which is utterly corrupt and doesn't really represent anyone, besides a small group of power hungry fuckers. I just love how neo-cons always cry foul, when the ruling doesn't go their way.