Synchronicity

Colin

I know that it hasn't "been in" in the last few weeks, but I was optimistically thinking that this cold snap had fattened 'er up. Anyone have any info on Synchronicity from the last few days?

P.S. I saw Dru's comments on the B.C. Ice Climbing Report (that the bottom was non-existent), but they looked to be from the weekend.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen it, but I'd bet that it's in good condition. The first pitch is a short vertical tube that was still there after the warm spell three weeks ago. The next two pitches looked like they had shedded their ice. They are slabby rock pitches in a shallow gully. They arn't two hard, but without ice, pro will be hard to come by. May wanna bring a handfull of pins just in case. When we did it the first week in Jan there was lots of water runing over those slabs. As long as it didn't dry up there will be some ice. The top looked fine two weeks ago. Have fun! [chubit]

on Sat. the top was fat and the stream gully at the bottom was all rock. the first bowl you climb into at the top of the stream gully, where Synchronicity and Synchrotron diverge, had no ice and it looked like it might be hard to get to the start of the fat ice. also it was dumping snow.

HOWEVER it has been cold for a week, so...

Climbed on 2/2. Excellent conditions, ice was nice and plastic, and not too wet(previous spraylord post was BS. Step up or stay home). Soloed all but the last two pitches, which were up to WI4. It was warmer on 2/3, but still there. Thanks to the blokes who retrieved my pack lid from the base of the final pitch. You RULE!!!

The book of the dead,

I dont want to say anything other than good job and that I think those other posters are good climbers out there having fun. They interpreted differently and everyone may have thier own comfort level and opinions. Kick ass job though.

PS what movie is this quote from? "I'll swallow your soul!"

Evil Dead II.

"I'll swallow your soul, I'll swallow your soul," howls the decomposing girlfriend, emerging from between the broken floorboards. "SWALLOW THIS!!" replies Bruce Campbell (king of the B-movies), as he thrusts a sawed-off shotgun in the general direction of her soon-to-be-splattered head and neck region.

Very memorable, classic, B-movie scene! It's a wonder more women aren't fans of the Evil Dead trilogy . . . .

quote:

Originally posted by michaeljosephnozel:
Evil Dead II.

"I'll swallow your soul, I'll swallow your soul," howls the decomposing girlfriend, emerging from between the broken floorboards. "SWALLOW THIS!!" replies Bruce Campbell (king of the B-movies), as he thrusts a sawed-off shotgun in the general direction of her soon-to-be-splattered head and neck region.

Very memorable, classic, B-movie scene! It's a wonder more women aren't fans of the Evil Dead trilogy . . . .

Would be interesting to see the X-movie scenario...

very interested to hear how the trip north went for the poor japaneese boy,the skiiny lurch, the bald guy and the fat ass drunk named Capt Caveman...I heard friday afternoon the temps forecasted for lillooet are Five degrees celcius...hmmm... that equals 41 imperial-degrees...and I thought ice melted at 33...no really, I hope the trip was a success and you manage to keep the skinnie lurch with no arse and the alkoholic [big Drink][big Drink] neanderthal outa of the bars long enough to crank some cool sheit. wink.gif" border="0 BTW- I hear their callin for very warm weather in the coulees---should be nice to work on ole tan and then the ole gut [big Drink][Wazzup]

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Szyjakowski ]