• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
keenwesh

WTB, The Waddington Guide

howdy ya'll. looking for a copy of the guidebook as I guess it's out of print. I can take your tattered old book and put it to good use.

alternatively, recommended routes in the 5.8-5.10 range around the tellot glacier?

thanks!

Sorry, can't have mine. =-)

Don Serl is sometimes online and you can send him a Personal Message. Put the request in the Canada section he seems to check that fairly often.

Tellot Spire can't be beat. Quite a bit of ice though. 5.9

Claw peak right next to Plummer Hut also is great. 5.8

Several I have not done. There are numerous such routes. Several on the upper Tellot Glacier around 11,000 feet. Forget their exact names. Never had time for them. If I was in kick ass shape, I am not, rather piss poor sick shape, I would be very tempted to try for Serra 5 west face. Its 5.11 and??? 1100 feet of pure vertical granitic rock? I believe.

the guide is still readily available, altho I imagine few retailers in the US stock it. you can purchase directly from the publisher:

http://highcol.pinnaclecart.com/

as for the Upper Tellot, there are literally dozens of fine rock routes available. I like camping high, up by Dragonback, to shorten approaches. there are short routes (2-4p) on Tellot Spires and Dentiform, plus nearby Shand and McCormick. longer routes are found on Stilleto, Stilleto Needle, the Serras, the east face of Shand, etc. the rock is generally extremely good, altho this is the mountains and a few bits of looseness and gritty surface are found here and there.

once you've looked thru the guide to get an overview and a start at specific objectives, feel free to PM me if you've got detailed questions.

enjoy your trip - it's a fabulous place!