Scarpa Rebel

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have, but not enough. Reminds me of the original Trango Extreme which I liked a lot. Almost a rock shoe but not quite...at least in the modern sense and this generation of climbers.

Toe is like the original RD of 40 years ago from Galibier...all in sticky rubber and able to take a crampon of course. Warm, water proof and comfy.....as well as LIGHT weight! A modern RR? There could be worse comparisons. As a regular summer alpine boot for rocky persuits...it is going to be hard to beat. Although Salewa's Raven is right there as well and a little warmer I think.

I really like this genre of mtn boot for summer use.

Original Trangos Extremes..

acc.sized.jpg

Weight per boot in my size 46 is 1# 12oz. They seem to run a little tight and a little small, as a true technical (rock) shoe versions I think. I'm working on a review of all of them currently that will eventually be up at C/T.

Easily half a dozen boots and more now out there in this catagory, give or take literally only an ounce or two for weight. The Salewa Raven I mentioned previous, the Trango Evo, North Face's new boot and the Zamberlan. The Zamberlan and the Rebel are more the "rock" shoe versions.

These are my Rebel's when they were still new:

P1060555.JPG