Attaching wands to your climbing pack

e_hoop15

With most of the climbing packs (BD, Arc'teryx, etc) they have stripped off all of the crap that usually gets attached to the outside of a pack like extra pockets, zippers, and thingamajigs. I like this style, but have one complaint....how the hell do you attach wands without them sliding out of the cinch straps on the side? I have the BD Speed 55 and it seems like I'm always worrying about loosing wands.

Does anyone have a clever way of attaching the wands to their pack when there isn't a pocket on the side to slip them into?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cannot vouch but what about this.. there are compression straps, no? why not rig something like a chalk bag (in design).. even a stuff sack, etc..hell take a quart bottle of milk that has the plastic handle and cut off a portion of the top. rig a string/strap to the lowest compression strap and have that 'bag' hang there with the bottom of the wands in it. Or even use a liter pop bottle and cut it off then use an awl or make a little hole for a string to go through. If the wands are under the compression strap then they shouldn't be all bouncing around but this keeps them from sliding out down.

poke a tiny slit or hole if using something like plastic so that any water can drain out.

just mimic that bottom edge stretch pocket that is on packs.