4 season fuel between Sacramento & Mt. Shasta

Sig Olsen

I will need to pick up some 4 season fuel between Sacramento & Mt. Shasta. I know there is an REI store south of the airport, but would rather find something along the way. Will be landing at 2:30 so figure on being on the road with rental car and luggage by 4 pm. Next Tuesday. Probably get to Shasta around 8 or 9. Hoping to find a place to pick up a 250 g fuel for my jetboil. All input advice is appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sig,

Best of luck on your venture. Shasta is one of those 'special' mountains. Perhaps it is the famous energy vortexs, perhaps it is the unique vegetation, or because it is one of the few glaciated 14ers in the CONUS. If you have your crampon and ice axe skills down, have done your P.T. and the weather is favorable you will have a good climb. Best of luck.

Dan

The Fifth Season in the town of Mt. Shasta will be closed by the time you'll arrive; that is normally my first recommendation.

If you'll be on the south or west face, 4 season fuel will surely be superfluous IMO. On the north side, probably so as well.