Little Tahoma (Fryingpan Glacier) Conditions?

jstluise

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been up there since 2010, so current conditions are out. I've got beta though. Pics are on Facebook if you wanna check em out I'll give you that info. Definitely plan to bivy as high as possible. There's good spots below the Fryingpan, and even better there's room for two in a cozy little nook on the ridge above it. That upper glacier is steep, and was torn up when we were there. I'd plan as much time as possible for that leg. Meany ridge was easy if you just follow the more "solid" looking bits. Any specific beta just ask.

I haven't been up there since 2010, so current conditions are out. I've got beta though. Pics are on Facebook if you wanna check em out I'll give you that info. Definitely plan to bivy as high as possible. There's good spots below the Fryingpan, and even better there's room for two in a cozy little nook on the ridge above it. That upper glacier is steep, and was torn up when we were there. I'd plan as much time as possible for that leg. Meany ridge was easy if you just follow the more "solid" looking bits. Any specific beta just ask.

Thanks for the response. I've climbed it twice before (almost three, turned back last year because of crappy weather), so I am familiar with the route. I don't foresee there being any problems with the route, but just thought I would check to see if anyone has been up there recently.

In the past we've done it in a day (a long, 15hr day), but this time we are going to take it easy and get up to camp on Friday after work. Still keeping an eye on the weather, though...it is no fun when you can't see the views from up there!