Gibraltar Wall Conditions?

goatboy

I haven't been up there this year, but to my knowledge it's always in between Christmas and mid to late Feb. If all else fails you can always climb the right hand side for the first two pitches then traverse the big ledge to climb the left hand side. The route gets too much sun to survive long in March.

If you're travelling in that direction, you might try Copper Creek (you might know about it?) 500m south of the Kingsgate border crossing, take the road to the East on the North side of Copper creek to a picnic area (one or two K's). Follow a trail or generally the drainage for 15 minutes or so (it's been a long time since I was there) until you stumble upon a very nice grade 3 pitch spilling out of a narrow canyon.

Have you done Wizard's Lair?

GB

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the private message.

Copper Creek is good when it's in -- I've been there with class III rapids flowing down the center of the falls, between barely climb-able ice on either side. But it is a lot closer, and with no border crossing concerns.

What is Wizard's Lair? Where is it? Why is it?