[TR] Mt St Helens - Worm Flows 6/11/2012

Trip: Mt St Helens - Worm Flows

Date: 6/11/2012

Trip Report:

Got to marble mt snow park at 645am on June 11 Mon, geared up and left at 700am. It was clear and gorgeous morning. I got hot quickly and only had a polyester long sleeve shirt and pants. Snow was a bit soft but still firm. As I kept climbing, the snow seemed to stay about the same (soft but firm). I only used trail running shoes (with aggressive tread) to about 3/4 up. At that time, feet were wet and getting cold, so I put on my mountaineering boots (no crampons) and continued up. Snow was a softer (a bit slushy) and had to kick in at times to get a good footing. Made it to the top at 1215pm. Gorgeous views! First time up to the top and loved it. Glissaded down as much as possible. Got back to car at 145pm. Overall, great trip, would love to do it in early spring-late winter. Could have gone with T-shirt, shorts, and boots. Here are pics of the trip if needed: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cascadefever/

If you have any questions, let me know.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic