Want to borrow a #5 c4

mhux

Planning on backbone ridge this weekend, neither my partner nor I have a piece that big (the #5 for the offwidth- I'm not soloing it!)...don't really want to drop ~$100 for a cam I'll barely ever use!

So, I was wondering if anyone has a #5 c4 they'd be willing to lend me for the weekend- I could pick it up friday night and drop it off late saturday (anywhere from Salem OR to Leavenworth). I can give you an ice tool or crampons or something for collateral in the meantime...

Or if you have a used c4 #5 you're willing to sell- that's not as ideal but it might work.

I realize its a little out there but I figured I would at least ask! Thanks in advance

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have offered the same comment when this topic came up in the past but I would say that I led this pitch with just a #11 Hex as the biggest piece and did not find it scary.

You will be run out if you don't have the huge gear but it is a wide crack, in a corner, and well less than vertical.

You may struggle a bit to get up it but you are not likely to fall off and rocket down the thing.

If you have recently climbed, say, the last pitch of GM at Index (a pitch that starts with a body-off-width and ends with an arm-leg off width) you will laugh your way up that pitch on Backbone.