How do I find a climbing partner in Madrid?

jesselillis

Have you used international websites to find climbing partners in other countries? Specifically I'm looking to find a climbing partner in Madrid.

Maybe you have one I can contact?

More likely (only slightly more) you have seen some sort of climbing forum (like this one!) for climbers in Spain. Any direction would be appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Spanish, from the North of Spain and there climbing partners you will find through the climbing clubs, or climbing gyms (rocodromos), the people is not so prepare to climb with somebody they do not know, so better approach is to go to climbing clubs, I do not know which one may be the more active, so better to ask in climbing shops or in the gym below.

One forum: www.sistemacentral.net/for/.

Climbing gym and everything related: www.espacioaccion.com/ : here you will find climbing partenrs for sure and many information.

Barrabes's foro is not very active for climbing, they sell everything on line and they have several shops, the last one opened in Madrid in C/ Orense 56. There you can ask also.

Another shop where to ask: El Rincon de la montania , C/Rivera de Curtidores 1 (very traditional).

Hopefully between the links and information above you will get what you are looking for.

There is a couchsurfing.com group dedicated to climbing. If you join there you can post about your trip or look for other people traveling where you will be who are looking for climbing partners. I get the newsletter every once in a while with lots of similar such requests. It's also a good way to find a place to stay, if you're looking for that, and you might get a bonus and find someone who could host you and want to climb.