My boy!!

RuMR

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus christ! what are you feeding that kid?

a smoothie made of monkey brains, and gibbon tendons...seems to be working, no?

Actually, this blows my mind...and the really scary thing is that he is not unique at all...what kids will be doing ten years from now...oh boy...

Like.

And agree on that last part too. Lil kids these dayz are amazing. Yours is certainly at the top of that group, but lots of lil kids are "rocking the walls". We won't have to wait 10 years to see a lot of new crazy stuff get climbed I'd bet.

ps - if you packaged and marketed the monkey brains, gibbon sinew, etc, you'd get rich for sure, the stuff seems to work.

Pretty much the only caveat with kids is that their strength/weight ratio changes radically over the course of puberty dumping said children out the other side with an adult version of that ratio which is much less than in children. I've seen some phenomenal kid climbers just walk away for a year or two and some push through it. It can be a rough transition either way and whether they push through it or come back to climbing with an adult body it's a big adjustment. Some are still superstars afterwords, some become merely human depending on the changes.

Should be interesting to see how your boy rides it out - clearly has the goods.

I think Joseph, that a better way to look at it, is that by age 12, Drew has almost a decade of concentrated climbing development as a sport. His technique is amazing, and all of the kids that compete with him share this aspect. Adults will have a hard time developiing the fluidity unless they started as children. This is very evident in the Euros...

Strength to weight will only get better with him. He's very light, but won't get super big even after puberty...i wrestled 112 in high school and 118 and 126 in college...

yeah, it is negative. Is criticizing Rudy about whether his kid should or shouldn't wear a helmet really the point of this thread? It's his own damn kid, not mine.

And it's not like it's some one-time thing -- like I said before, there is always some little snarky comment from Kevbone whenever rudy posts about his son. Fucking annoying.

yeah, it is negative. Is criticizing Rudy about whether his kid should or shouldn't wear a helmet really the point of this thread? It's his own damn kid, not mine.

And it's not like it's some one-time thing -- like I said before, there is always some little snarky comment from Kevbone whenever rudy posts about his son. Fucking annoying.

+1 Seriously, boner, could you drop it already?

I wonder why kevbone always has to say something negative whenever rudy posts something about his kid rocking it?

What was it he said last time? "Nice spray"

I don't get it.

Nothing negative about it. Sorry you feel that way. Maybe you should read the first part of my post. It read "awesome" because it is.

the helmet comment is a friendly poke in the ribs. Its called sarcasm. You should know....you are a master at it. But it is also a serious question. its possible to have one on this site right?

When my son watched this the first thing out of his mouth was "why isn't he wearing a helmet"? How am I supposed to respond when he see's another kid not wearing one? Because when you sport climb you dont have too? Lame excuse.

Why does Rudy get a free pass on here when posting about his son? Anything except pure lay down praises is considered negative.

I have yet to respond with anything negative. NOTHING.

"nice spray" is another sarcastic comment that has a serious tone to it as well. We obviously disagree....fine with me.

Rudy. Awesome your son is sending.

Serious question.....does he ever wear a helmet? Not a slam. Serious question. Answer if you will......

Kevin,

He absolutely wears a helmet if its slabby, or if there's traversing or if he can fall upside down. Also, multipitch climbs where there are parties above and below....

I'm the same way...sometimes I wear a helmet if the conditions warrant it, otw nope...

This route, despite the fact that the footage *appears* to make Chemical Ali look like a slab, is quite steep...with no ledges...

made it look 5.10, you got cool kids rudy :)

So right! I think I can do it cus it looks so easy...he skipped a draw, hmm the holds are close enough for a shrimp to reach them.....hmmm, oh yeah, no helmet. If I train hard enough will it make me 12 years old again???

:yoda:

I think Joseph, that a better way to look at it, is that by age 12, Drew has almost a decade of concentrated climbing development as a sport. His technique is amazing, and all of the kids that compete with him share this aspect. Adults will have a hard time developiing the fluidity unless they started as children. This is very evident in the Euros...

Strength to weight will only get better with him. He's very light, but won't get super big even after puberty...i wrestled 112 in high school and 118 and 126 in college...

I think learning any sport/skill at such an early age is going to be a benefit to anyone in virtually any endeavor. That said, being 12 and sick strong is AID! ;)