Banks Lake Ice

chris_rieman

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Banks Lake on 12/28 and did not see anything that was climbable. The good news is that we did see alot of ice forming in places that have not had climbable ice in a while. If the precipitation and some colder temps keeps up we could see some variety of ice to climb.Hope for the best..

Could you guys give me better directions to these Umptanum Falls? I got some directions from erik last year that didn't seem to work for me. He said "go 9.5 miles from the schoolhouse down Manastash Road" and up the S. Fork of Manastash Creek. I ended up going 12.5 (by my odometer) to the end of the snowmobiler's parking area. Did I not go far enough? confused.gif" border="0 I never found the "fork in the road" either. Erik indicated (albeit rather confusingly) that another 1.5 miles may need to be walked/skied/hiked to get to the climbs. That still only adds up to 11 miles from the schoolhouse, and I drove 12.5 to parking area. Any helped is appreciated. And I've been warned about the private land already. TIA.

Cheers,...sobo [big Drink]

sobo,

those directions are for different ice in the eburg area.

from the school house go straight up the hill. if you go right at the school house you will end up at the other place.

umptanum falls is towards ellensburg pass, if that helps it is on the same road.

ask charlie for exacts he goes there all the time

sorry i didnt repsond ealier i have actually had to work part of the day. harsh

Hey erik,Thanks for the reply. So for clarity, a right at the schoolhouse onto Manastash Road goes to Manastash Falls in 12.5 miles to the parking area, and straight at the schoolhouse goes to Umptanum Falls in 9.5 miles? I'm so lame...

Cheers,...sobo