Do BD Neutrinos snag at the gate?

I've been looking at BD neutrinos for racking my cams. They conveniently come in all the colors my cams are in, are cheap (must be cheap!), light and wire-gated (which I like).

Problem is that I've gotten spoiled by key-gates. My older pin-gate biners bug me when I rack and unrack them. How are the neutrinos? Is the gate as bad as regular old biners for snagging on the nose or is it a little less snaggy?

Off_Route

Edited by A_Little_Off_Route

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for "the ultimate racking 'biner" and I figured it would be a wiregate keylock. However I eventually wound up going with the Neutrinos.

I find them to not be very snaggy, and the color is convenient. I rack on my harness and my gear loops are plastic, so if you use a gear sling you might find differently.

Very shortly BD is going to release the new OZ biners which will have the same hood as the hoodwire.

if you want to spend the money, these could be a fantastic racking 'biner except for the lack of colours.

That said, i've been using the neutrinos and they're great. same boat as counterfeitfake though with plastic gear loops - they're a little less convenient if you're racking on slings