[TR] Enchantment Peak - 6/3/2012

RaisedByPikas

Trip: Enchantment Peak -

Date: 6/3/2012

Trip Report:

Luke (who took all pictures), Brian, Mike, and myself set out to climb the West ridge of Prusik Peak for our Boealps Intermediate Class Alpine 1 outing. We approached via Colchuck Lake and made good time up Aasgard pass although I started loosing steam near the top.

7341290366_a8757a666d_c.jpg

7156091279_7439bacbbd_c.jpg

Following a short hike over towards Prusik we found some bare rock to set up camp on.

Campsite Time Lapse

7341313468_b491f4f55b_c.jpg

The wind blew all night and weather was constantly threatening so we took our time getting over to Prusik and the weather seemed to be improving. However after scrambling up to the base of the climb the wind started blowing again, there was light snow, and ominous looking clouds. The rock was dry but after some discussions we opted to turn in our hardman cards and go for the Type I fun of heading up Enchantment peak instead of freezing our asses and fingers off for the next few hours.

We dropped extraneous climbing gear at Prusik Pass and started cramponing up Enchantment. It probably took an hour to reach the top but I wasnt timing so I could be wrong. The top of Enchantment is a short easy rock scramble with 2-3 4th (maybe low 5th?) class moves to get on top of the summit block. Since I was bringing up the rear and everyone had been waiting for me I spent a minute or two on the summit then reversed my moves down. After collecting gear we headed back to camp where we ran across Ryan on his way to solo the West Ridge of Prusik.

7341335996_f429f3642f_b.jpg

Deconstructing camp and heading back down to the cars was uneventful. Aasgard pass was perfect plunge stepping the whole way. Had dinner in Leavenworth by 6:00 PM.

Gear Notes:

Crampons were helpful in the morning

Approach Notes:

Aasgard Pass still snow covered

Edited by RaisedByPikas

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice running into you guys up there- glad you had a fun trip. Too bad you didn't get what you were after, but being able to switch seamlessly to a plan B is a good skill to have. Plus, Prusik's not going anywhere. Go get it when the sun's out and you can lounge on the summit!