Baker Ice

dan_e

Ice seemed well formed, looks like it's been pretty cold up there (the snow was excellent). I am not sure if it was Pan Dome falls, but when heading up C-2 there is a small section of ice of to left before C-1, it would be worth climbing maybe if you were already there to ski or board, but IMO not worth a 2.5+ hour drive. If this is not Pan Dome falls please correct me.

Dan E.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the right area. the lower falls is lower angle and can hold alot of snow. when the route is bare top to bottom it is 50+ meters. 2.5 hr drive for a snow plastered route... [hell no]

but when you're in the 'ham visiting the in laws for christmas like i will be... [chubit]

happy holidays!

Drove 2 hours(ballard) climbed pam dome, tabasco kidd and played around on other stuff. totally worth it! 61 pitches of ice this season and counting.

If you look at Pan Dome and say its not worth it, either open up the eyes, look left and right or stay on the ski slopes.

dale

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: daler ]

HMMM, I think I saw some ice on Pan Dome recently, too. It didn't look like much, but looks can be deceiving! In fact, I too have climbed Pan Dome, and I remember thinking that it was much more fun than hanging out in the city or spending another monotonous evening climbing at the gym.

dandy

• 2 weeks later...

Pandome was in last weekend but I didn't think much of the conditions, the line I took had pretty cruddy ice that didn't take screws that well. The whole route was pretty much uncovered so you get your full pitch of climbing.

There's a bunch of other drips to the left and right too, they're much shorter but maybe you link some of the together. Dale?

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Ade ]

• 3 weeks later...