Cascade Cobbler

telemarker

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

just had 3 pairs of resoles from cascade cobblers. not the absolute worst i've ever seen, but close. i heard such good things about them, but apparently they've changed and i guess now they suck. my former pointed sport climbing shoes are now rounder than the mythos, and my mythos are rounder than they started out. what a really really awful experience and a waste of $100. shoot.

back to barry's resoles again. . .

I'll second barry's resoles. That guy is awesome. I've never had a resoler call me on the phone twice to ask me questions about exactly how I wanted the shoes done. Did I want thick or thin soles, did I really want the rands? He sent my rand money back...said they didn't need them.

Barry is not the fastest, but he does awesome work.

just had 3 pairs of resoles from cascade cobblers. not the absolute worst i've ever seen, but close. i heard such good things about them, but apparently they've changed and i guess now they suck. my former pointed sport climbing shoes are now rounder than the mythos, and my mythos are rounder than they started. .

I really, truly wanted these guys to be good, but unfortunately, I had the same experience, re: rounded toes on my normally pointed Miura's. Unusable. Money could have gone towards a new pair.

2012-07-26_18-13-31_171.jpg

I've always been satisfied with Mountain Soles in Portland. Used them this spring for 2 pairs of Sportivas. Back in <3 weeks and around $40 a pair. They looked as new. I've had the same pair of Muiras resoled by them 4 times over 8 years.

• 3 months later...

I sent a pair of shoes to Cascade Cobbler (and confirmed delivery) over a month ago - delivered 09/27. Still no reply from them, their email is bouncing due to a full mailbox, and their phone also has a full mailbox. Does anyone know how to get in touch with them? Or did I just lose a pair of shoes?

Anyway, I would not recommend Cascade Cobbler based on this.