Ice In The Wallowas !

Terminal_Gravity

I top roped falls creek falls yesterday. 50 ft 90-75° M 4/5 thin rotten wet and covered by spindrift. [hell no] I actually had one of the greatest time ever! Copious amounts of warm glogg helped. To pass one bulge I had to get half into the liquid part of the falls; there still is a time & place for 3 layer hard shell gortex) I think the water was super cooled and froze immediatly when it hit my jacket. I must have gained 10 pounds climbing the route!

Falls creek is about 3/8ths of a mile from the hurricane creek trail head. Across the valley & higher up was a beautiful vertical 40 foot wall of solid ice with none of the liquid stuff. I'll be climbing that next weekend. cool.gif" border="0

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Marty:
Terminal, Where is the Wallowas and is there rock climbing there too in the summer? If so then what type of stone?

Extreme NE corner of Oregon. Yes, in the summer...the rock acctually stays here all year long; go figure. It's all wild or virgin. Granite & Basalt to grade IV and Limestone/Marble to Grade V. No guide books! grin.gif" border="0