Lillo-Wet

Dru

Went up to Lillooet Friday night. rained all night. drove up duffy sat AM in the rain. tube - in at bottom verglas at top. carls berg - sketchy WI6R looking icicles with gushing holes. nothing else much in. went back to lillooet & drove up bridge. now raining heavily. salmon stakes - kinda in. shriek sheep/ night & gale looked kinda in but hard to tell (hidden in the rain). heavy rockfalls observed & one almost hit my car shocked.gif" border="0 drove back to lillooet and headed to marble canyon. rain mostly stopped first 2 pitches of icy bc in but anemic. other routes unconsolidated icicle curtains. 2 parties toproping. headed over to cache creek and down thompson - all routes melted out - back to Chilliwack frown.gif" border="0 800 kms on the car and no ice climbed.

IF a big freeze happens the ice might reform in time for this weekend but otherwise ice in lillooet is gonna be slim to nonexistant next week or so frown.gif" border="0

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Dru ]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it makes ya feel any better(although probly not rolleyes.gif" border="0 ), there is no ice in sight here for a while at least. frown.gif" border="0

Ontario isnt doing so swell either....a bit of mixed stuff here and there.

Where are the ice gods?

Maybe this means we will be climbing into May or June then! grin.gif" border="0

Keeping the hope, carolyn

FWIW there seems to be a fair amouunt of groundwater flow and if it evr does freeze up good then routes are gonna be fat... House Of Cards looked like this might be the year to climb it, more ice there than at any time in last 2 years...

sketchy bridge across near night & gale (up near dam), for salmon stakes etc prepare to wade.

I invented a new form of ice climbing.

1) get on a route

2) hang from a screw/bolt/hook etc. and wait for a good climber to climb by you

3) hook a tool onto his or her haul loop

4) get dragged up the climb

I call this Dru Tooling. Perhaps soon I will dru tool my way up many coveted M10+ routes.