Spray Paint on Slesse Descent. WTF!?!

Buckaroo

What up whit dat?

Who's the da*n stupid a*s gumby spray painting directions in the wilderness?

If I find out who you are I'm going to beat the crap out of you, then I'm going to beat it back in. (metaphorically speaking)

this is where I first heard about it

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1069731#Post1069731

Dru if you're reading this you need to knock some heads up there in Canukistan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Protecting gumbies from getting lost?

shouldn't be there in the first place.

stay close to home if you can't figure out how to keep from getting lost.

take a gps, set up cairns, go with someone that won't get lost, go with someone that's done it before.

ANYTHING BUT SPRAY PAINTING THE WILDERNESS.

That's art work Ivan, not pathetic gumby weakness.

The prime jewel of the 50 classics in this area, now some pathetic weaka*s gumby has decided to chop it down to his kindergarten level.

We don't don't need to learn basic routefinding. We can do the biggest climb around and spray paint the sh*t out of it so our helpless pathetic uneducated inexperienced weak a*s butts don't get in trouble.

you may be missing the essential truth of Wilderness? that you are nothing? that you and all you might do Is Nothing?

spray paint will be ate up by lichen soon enough, and you and yours deep in the ground by then, so you can lighten up, or beat your modern monkey to death w/ a glorified bone if you wish, little difference :)

"magnanimity is the best policy, and a Great Empire and Little Minds go ill together"

i should add, having walked down that fucking waterless hell-chute that is the standard exit off slesse, they could short-dick every cannibal in the cannuckistani-congo to make the cross-over route clear and i wouldn't :cry: ! :lmao:

That's art work Ivan, not pathetic gumby weakness.

they call this art, but i find a spray-painted trail off a jumping-jesus-in-a-sequined-jogging-suit almighty awe-inspiring peak like that far more beautiful at the end of a drug-addled/sun/stress/aerobic-assassinated day

andy-warhol.jpg

it's art, as you say, so i'm prepared to be a classic, middle-of-the-road weenie, and not get so all-fired up about it that i'd challenge a random stranger to an inter-webs death match over it, see? :)

that said, were i w/ homeboy who did this, and obviously thus familiar w/ the descent route, i'd probably voice an opinion opposed to it, but in the end, not squawk so loud so long as it didn't keep us from the beerz n' bitches for more than a few...

""you may be missing the essential truth of Wilderness? that you are nothing?""

and the person that spray paints the wilderness is less than nothing

That's it, you got me pissed off now. Good excuse to go up there and clean that sh*t off.

That's it, you got me pissed off now. Good excuse to go up there and clean that sh*t off.

good for you! if you have the moxy left when you're done, there's several fences in my neighborhood that could use the same treatment! :grin:

There's a lot of things I will give a pass on

there's a few things I will not.

This descent has about the most comprehensive and descriptive beta in existence, seriously, if you can't figure it out, you shouldn't be anywhere near this peak.

""you may be missing the essential truth of Wilderness? that you are nothing?""

and the person that spray paints the wilderness is less than nothing

Well at least I could find something to agree with kooky buckaroo on. :laf:

This descent has about the most comprehensive and descriptive beta in existence, seriously, if you can't figure it out, you shouldn't be anywhere near this peak.

i shan't be content 'till the cordon of dessicated taun-taun corpses is clear as christ's conscience :)

i shan't be content 'till the cordon of dessicated taun-taun corpses is clear as christ's conscience :)

I dunno man... Christ's conscience can't be that clear with the F*%^ed up mess he left behind...

I dunno man... Christ's conscience can't be that clear with the F*%^ed up mess he left behind...

no sense in judging the 'cunt, he's just as temporary and insignificant as the offending petra-pigments - no extra-evolved aardvark, looking back, will give a toss, eh?

so long as yer having a good old gut-laugh while goin'about it, i'm no-one to gain-say it

but seriously, you're either part of the race or not, and the actions of others go on the Big Tab, and you do us all i favor, i reckon, when you subtract against it...

You can sit there if you want, till mankind's minds have turned to mush.

the crew of the crusade-era were hardly Great Philosophers, and god-knows we'd have no history if the heavenly-fathers of the here-after had left us no trash-piles to thread through :)

so long as yer having a good old gut-laugh while goin'about it, i'm no-one to gain-say it

but seriously, you're either part of the race or not, and the actions of others go on the Big Tab, and you do us all i favor, i reckon, when you subtract against it...

If you're not laughing your crying

I'm racing to the top. Painting directions on the rock is racing to the bottom.

The clan of the mush minds has desecrated the sacred, defiled the sacrosanct. Their scrawlings will be obliterated from this lofty domain for the entirety of eternity.

LOLZ!!!

no sense in judging the 'cunt, he's just as temporary and insignificant as the offending petra-pigments - no extra-evolved aardvark, looking back, will give a toss, eh?

Who are you to assume future aardvarks won't care!

Y'all complain about spray-paint, but I don't hear so much noise about hundreds of permanent metallic sign posts, a.k.a. bolts, that are found in increasing numbers on any climbable piece of what-not all over the Northwest. Check out a little fiasco known as "Infinite Bliss" on Mt. Garfield in a wilderness zone. Spray paint is easier to fix then popping out and restoring hundreds of bolts and hangers.

Kind of ironic that you free-stylin', free-thinkin' sport-clippers complain about a little paint (graffiti in an urban environment), but have no problem makin' a permanent mess every few feet if it facilitates your fun.

Y'all complain about spray-paint, but I don't hear so much noise about hundreds of permanent metallic sign posts, a.k.a. bolts, that are found in increasing numbers on any climbable piece of what-not all over the Northwest. Check out a little fiasco known as "Infinite Bliss" on Mt. Garfield in a wilderness zone. Spray paint is easier to fix then popping out and restoring hundreds of bolts and hangers.

Kind of ironic that you free-stylin', free-thinkin' sport-clippers complain about a little paint (graffiti in an urban environment), but have no problem makin' a permanent mess every few feet if it facilitates your fun.

your bitches about the 'bliss will carry more water when the herds run in everest-numbers over it...

Weigh in here Raindawg. We know you don't like bolts.

What about spray paint on the Slesse descent? Tell us why it's wrong.

Freedom of the Hills, 7th Edition. The first book every gumby should buy. Also referred to even after you are well experienced.

Chapter 7 is titled "leave no trace". So an entire chapter is devoted to what we are talking about here.

Chapter 5, Navigation, Mark the route if necessary. "plastic surveyors tape is sometimes used, but it's use is discouraged due to it's neon blight and permanence. ... One commandment here, remove your markers." "Markers are litter, and mountaineers never ever litter."

I need to search this book and see if there's anything about spray paint. Not enough time right now but a quick scan it doesn't show up. Apparently even the gumby manual assumes no one is stupid enough to even consider the use of spray paint in the wilderness.