SE Tacoma burglary shout out

chirp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't take it all so seriously, Raindawg. Diggin' up mummies and shit, that's pretty cool. I'm sure everyone thinks so. :tup:

It's worth noting that it was the original poster who first lamented the fact that all the spray had been removed from his own thread. There was some funny stuff there. Apparently less funny from your perspective though.

Whenever I post in spray, even a public service type announcement, I anticipate it may go south. I don't condone direct personal attacks, but it's always curious to see where the trail leads.

Raindawg and Pope are good guys, we may not agree on the bolt/glue/chip thing but good peeps is good peeps.

Seems pretty obvious to me that Dwayner get teased so much about his craft primarily due to his one line rant and condescending attitude toward "those wanna be climbers". In his world, digging up graves is not destructive to the environment, like bolts are. We all see the hypocrisy of his myopic point of view. So long as the end justifies the means, at least for grave digging. Just my two cents, carry on.

Seems pretty obvious to me that Dwayner get teased so much about his craft primarily due to his one line rant and condescending attitude toward "those wanna be climbers". In his world, digging up graves is not destructive to the environment, like bolts are. We all see the hypocrisy of his myopic point of view. So long as the end justifies the means, at least for grave digging. Just my two cents, carry on.

Add your two-cents to the ignorant cyber-bullying dog-pile. I see that you claim to speak for everyone ["we"]. You don't.

You clearly have no understanding of what I do and even if you did, it's irrelevant other than I occasionally use climbing skills in my work.

Here's a response from a current parallel topic that I think is likewise appropriate for you:

KaskadskyjKozak

The Egyptians permanently altered rock on a monumental scale - a scale the eclipses what climbers have done with bolts. If you chopped all the bolts in the world they would not even fill up the tombs in the Valley of the Kings, I'd wager. There is huge hypocrisy in lamenting on the latterbolts (endlessly) while dedicating one's life to the former. Pointing that out is not mocking the profession, but mocking the hypocrisy and posturing.

Raindawg's Response:

You seem to think that you can "win" arguments by making them into a hypocrisy debate. It's called the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem, in case you haven't heard of it: "an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it."

You rarely address the merits of the climbing issue, and when you do it's a personal attack [which is allegedly prohibited on this site.]

By the way, the Valley of the Kings was "altered" 3500 years ago to serve as a royal cemetery by Egyptians who had neither bolts nor an interest in climbing. Archaeologists working there today, including myself, are heavily involved in restoration and conservation to an extent you clearly wouldn't appreciate.

By the way, do you climb at Index? It's a big "altered" rock quarry.

The big question is, what are YOU doing about the way YOU treat your climbing environment TODAY? I don't expect a reasonable response.

The big question is, what are YOU doing about the way YOU treat your climbing environment TODAY? I don't expect a reasonable response.

I obey party size limits, quotas, closures and regulations.

I sleep on rock and snow or established camps.

I avoid stepping on vegetation.

I pack my shit out of fragile environments.

Etc.

You really are a clown.

I obey party size limits, quotas, closures and regulations.

I sleep on rock and snow or established camps.

I avoid stepping on vegetation.

I pack my shit out of fragile environments.

Etc.

You really are a clown.

If you used a bolt at all, your not a "real climber". Don't ya get it?

I wonder what the Dawg thinks about Honnold's latest solo blitz? Does he admire the super human skills and mental fortitude displayed by Honnold's bold climbs? Or, does he find him just another modern day wanker destroying the wilderness? Inquiring minds want to know and so do I.

Here's Pope and The Dwayner in KV61, the Tomb of the Bolt King. Look out for the mummy, Dawg!

PopeandDawg.jpg

Just got thrown off my second Mt. Whitney Forum - I'm so glad I found Cascadeclimbers...I don't really even know or care about the backstory on this - any time somebody throws together a picture like this, I'm sold.

"look out for the mummy, dawg"

cracking up

Just if anyone cares, sorry to deviate from the off topic...however the culprit has been caught. :)

On April 15th, 2012 our home was burglarized. We had a feeling that the suspect(s) would return so we went and purchased a camera system. On May 23, 2012 look who came knocking.***SUSPECT APPREHENDED JUNE 6, 2012*** Big thank you to all who viewed, shared and kept an eye out for suspect and to the men and women of our local law enforcement community and the Pierce County Prosecuters Office.