Darrington conditions?

colt45

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chop steps like conrad kain to get to slab climbing.

"Gentlemen, that's as far as I can take you. Sticky rubber has yet to be invented"

"Gentlemen, that's not as far as I can take you. I don't give a rats ass about sticky rubber, I got some leather boots and grapefruit sized balls."

my hero conrad did 5.8 in the rockies with boots back in the day.

Word is the road was opened up recently to the 3OC trailhead. :moondance:

Lots of rain up there this week, so no idea if rock will be dry ...or, for that matter, if crampons are required to access routes

The road is indeed open and drivable to the 3 o'clock rock trailhead (and ~1.2 miles beyond). We had a great time climbing Total Soul, the route (and most of 3OC) was totally dry. There is a lot of snow at the base and an ice axe was useful -- no need for crampons though, as the snow was soft even at 8am.

Exfolation Dome looked pretty dry as well. We did not look at Green Giant Buttress.

IMG_2653.JPG

IMG_2658.JPG

• 1 month later...

thanks! yeah drove to within a quarter mile of the end of the road (way beyond 3 o'clock) & that section seemed quite good. don't think it's worth bringing a bike for that little extra bit of hiking (was super muddy that day too - rained past couple of days back then). have fun.