locked down spray

Tyson.g

Curious as to the thought process here:

We have a topic posted in Climbers Board, it is ridiculous and the spray nozzle starts to flow, so the topic is moved the "spray" (appropriate, yes), but then after some fun is had suddenly it is locked down?

Are we protecting people in the spray forum as well now?

Are we protecting the original poster who clearly could choose to no longer participate at will?

Not really a criticism just a question about the reasoning.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious as to the thought process here:

We have a topic posted in Climbers Board, it is ridiculous and the spray nozzle starts to flow, so the topic is moved the "spray" (appropriate, yes), but then after some fun is had suddenly it is locked down?

Are we protecting people in the spray forum as well now?

Are we protecting the original poster who clearly could choose to no longer participate at will?

Not really a criticism just a question about the reasoning.

It's not nice to make fun of people who belong on a short bus. We should all be ashamed. :-(

It's not nice to make fun of people who belong on a short bus. We should all be ashamed. :-(

That might be closer to the reasoning than you know, but essentially folks decided that there had been enough beating on the Hobbick drum, and at a certain point it stops being funny and becomes something rather more ugly.

That might be closer to the reasoning than you know, but essentially folks decided that there had been enough beating on the Hobbick drum, and at a certain point it stops being funny and becomes something rather more ugly.

Understood, Off. I was not really joking.

Agreed gentlemen. "at a certain point it stops being funny and becomes something rather more ugly."

A modicum of transparancy would do well to lessen the asssumptions/speculation as to reasoning.

Not that the moderators need to "explain" their actions, but it would possibly quell some of the perceptions of uneven handling of situations.

... but it would possibly quell some of the perceptions of uneven handling of situations.

One point to keep in mind is moderating is not a full time job. All the moderators have work and their own personal interests. Some interest are climbing, but you get the point.

Speaking for myself, I do not read every thread or keep tabs on all users. The downside is stuff flies under the radar at times. We all miss things, and that can result in a perception of uneven handed moderating.

The other issue is users or posts fall somewhere on a spectrum of

Good --- Grey Area --- Bad

Users don't always stay in one place.

When have they gone over the top? Are we being too restrictive? Are we being too lax?

Those are all tough questions. :crazy:

I am an inquiring kind of guy, hence the question.

Feck - I fully agree and understand the point(s) made in your post.

Really not trying to start shit but to ask, what I feel, is a legitimate question.

I do not envy the job of the moderators but do appreciate the forum and the work you all do.

Thanks for at least taking the time to post an answer/personal opinion on this topic.

***this space for lease****

We need more ads

I actually told the designer when we started a few months ago to design for the user and we'd place ads and social actions where they work, instead of the other way around which is way too common. Opps did I just say that.

Speaking for myself, I do not read every thread or keep tabs on all users. The downside is stuff flies under the radar at times. We all miss things, and that can result in a perception of uneven handed moderating.

In general I agree Feck. But you participated in this Mt. Fury thread. You posted in it several times throughout the day.

In general I agree Feck. But you participated in this Mt. Fury thread. You posted in it several times throughout the day.

I was thinking of some non-spray threads that stayed up for months.

but it would possibly quell some of the perceptions of uneven handling of situations.

Oh, we're only human, I'm sure there there has been uneven handling of situations. Spray mods spray too.

edited to add: :tup: Hugh

Edited by Off_White