Hyalite Canyon

max

Mr. Pez dispenser MTNative son tongue.gif look my beef is if you are going to allow moterized vehicals whats the dif if it is car or snowmobile...

only rich people get to climb???

don't realy care one way or the other as I would rather be toutred by fire and lava than leave the PNW

tongue.gif

sk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah Muffy the Wanker, only rich people can climb hellno3d.gif

My Grandfather always used to tell me, "If it were easy, then everyone would be doin it"

If you are really ambitious about snowmobiling in, you can easily rent one for a reasonable price.

Guess what, I'll let you in on a secret...

It is funny how a little sarcasm can go a long way on a message board! evils3d.gif

I have been roaming these hills for 20+ years and there are more places to climb than your little trendy climbing guide books show!

I also understand that you folks don't live near here and climbing in MT for you involves a lengthy drive so you might not have time to roam around and find cool shit.....my heart bleeds for you

I will admit that the PNW is a wonderful place to live and climb as I have called it home once upon a time

Peace

:yawn: snowmoliling is for old people that can't snow show any more... see that ,sugar, is just my point... those of us who are young, have young children, and have not retired from the career of our choice have to pick and choose what we are serious about... although I am sure snowmobiling is fun if you are a grandfather tongue.gif I personaly would rather climb....

tongue.gifwink.gif

sk

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Hmmm, well SK when this old man slams the hammer on his Mach Z, the Adrenalin rush and eye-peeling acceleration is awesome. If you don't have what it takes to ride all out at over 100 mph on the snow, you'd best just jump back on those snow shoes. Because once you squeeze the throttle on my tricked-out sled, the punch will knock you on your ass. And the real challenge becomes just hanging on.

I'll go back to my Barca Lounger now. bigdrink.gif

Banff=Beautiful

those of us who are young, have young children, and have not retired from the career of our choice have to pick and choose what we are serious about

Ah, yes. Choices, choices. I had the chance to marry and have children when I was younger and I almost did, but my candor kept me unhitched till way later in my life. I knew back then that I wanted the freedom of picking up and going at the drop of a hat, traveling, living on a wing and a prayer, more so than a family. Do I regret it? I don't know, I have seen and done some crazy things.

Oh and this "old man" also owns a snowmobile, kind of a necessity if you own land and live out of town...they are noisy bastards though.

I am far from retired myself, well not as far as some you grin.gif

Plowing the roads for cars makes a major impact, not to mention attracts A LOT of people (but the most thriving industry in MT is the recreation industry, oh the vicious circle). I am not saying that people don't have the right to venture out into the woods, just take a break from that scheduled world and toughen up and do it the hard way, you would be amazed at what the human body can endure (you should already know this)

Hyalite is a very special place and I fully encourage you to SKI IN and climb there. It is worth the effort

On a side note: I think that the road should be plowed for an event as grand as the ice festival though...did it even need to be this year?