Canada in the news (Not?)

Crux

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just going to say after having spent a few minutes talking to a couple of the protestors and being forced to observe some of the protest...all i can say is really??? you're pissed b/c you have to give 8 hours notice to protest and you don't like tuition?? seriously???

they are seriously pissed off b/c the price of their college tuition is going to go up a $1000/term over the next 5 -7 years. Seriously...$200/term/year. The cost now is only $1000/term. They are all marching up the street yapping on their smart phones. That's half the cost of the increase. STFU and let me get some damn sleep. Oh and they've got to give the cops 8 hours notice before clogging the streets with 20,000 pissed off people. OOOOOOO....now there's an outrage.

I haven't been following it, but quite frankly with the little I've read minx, they should be pissed. The UW in 1995 was a little under $1000/quarter. I believe it is now over $3500. How much have wages gone up? I think college grads are probably making less now, if they can find a job, then they could in 1999, but are being saddled with 3x as much debt, if not more. Europe obviously isn't being a model society at the moment, but unless I'm mistaken university is free there meaning anyone can attend if they are willing to work hard enough.

Canada was the fourth Country in the World to legalize Gay Marriage. Embarrassing that America is so far behind on basic civil rights.

True that. But, we've got way better 1st amendment protections. Like, WAY better. So I guess everyone is embarrassing

Jon I understand your point. I truly do. My tuition doubled in the 4 years I was at WSU.

That said, I don't think people are entitled to post secondary education. It costs money to run a good university. There tuition hasn't gone up in a while. They are talking about a graduated increase over a reasonable amount of time in my opinion.

I feel their pain. I'm still paying student loans and I have a son about to go to college. However, at some point it becomes ridiculous. Europe is certainly no model for economic success at this point.

If they were protesting the fact that socialized medicine results in crazy long wait times for treatment, i'm with them. This however seems ridiculous to me.

I haven't been following it, but quite frankly with the little I've read minx, they should be pissed. The UW in 1995 was a little under $1000/quarter. I believe it is now over $3500. How much have wages gone up? I think college grads are probably making less now, if they can find a job, then they could in 1999, but are being saddled with 3x as much debt, if not more. Europe obviously isn't being a model society at the moment, but unless I'm mistaken university is free there meaning anyone can attend if they are willing to work hard enough.

Grad school slave labor isn't free.... oh, wait, it is. Nevermind. The palaces for research professors that rarely teach don't come teach. Same for the advisors and everyone else.

Canada was the fourth Country in the World to legalize Gay Marriage. Embarrassing that America is so far behind on basic civil rights.

True that. But, we've got way better 1st amendment protections. Like, WAY better. So I guess everyone is embarrassing

Yeah, Canada now allows everyone to suffer the institution of marriage. Yay, Canada!

Yeah, Canada now allows everyone to suffer the institution of marriage. Yay, Canada!

In Canada, you're probably not allowed to make fun of marriage. Hate speech, you know

Good question. I'm kind of surprised Canada hasn't tried to censor offensive websites. For a country that has confiscated foreign newspapers at the border, you'd think net censorship would be par for the course.

Wecome to the US!

[video:youtube]watch?v=P-AWBfxsL6k

That sucks.

Canadians are spending a measurable $2 Billion a year in the US. I say measurable because a lot of spending is not recorded either because the person lied or the agent didn't put it in the system.

On June 1st, the 48 hour limit for people bringing goods into Canada raises from $400 to $800. The 24 hour limit is now $200, but most know this is never enforced even for day trips. This is obviously going to be a huge windfall for the WA economy, especially up in Bellingham.

All that said, be prepared for massive border waits if you travel up to Squamish this summer!

I have to watch a video? ugh. I don't have enough energy for that

Surprise - if you talk back to the border agent and yell at him, he'll delay you, and make your life suck. Takes a rocket scientist to figure out this outcome. :rolleyes:

How the fuck is he talking back? A douchenozzle border guard is having a pms attack and there is no excuse for him and the rest of the joker crew to be assholes for no reason whatsoever. A bullshit talk about terrorists.....

Reminds me of the story, how 2 border guards did a strip search on a woman in Blain. Except they fucked with a wrong person- turns out she was a stuffer for one of the senators. Needless to say the heads rolled. Asshole at the booth is a public employee and is representing this country. He/she should leave the hissy fits at home and remember that they are the image of this nation. A deepsshit like that might be a hero to you, but not everyone in the US is an asshole- you are the minority. Definately you and assholes like you do not represent the best this place has to offer. Now fuck off.

How the fuck is he talking back? A douchenozzle border guard is having a pms attack and there is no excuse for him and the rest of the joker crew to be assholes for no reason whatsoever. A bullshit talk about terrorists.....

Reminds me of the story, how 2 border guards did a strip search on a woman in Blain. Except they fucked with a wrong person- turns out she was a stuffer for one of the senators. Needless to say the heads rolled. Asshole at the booth is a public employee and is representing this country. He/she should leave the hissy fits at home and remember that they are the image of this nation. A deeps hit like that might be a hero to you, but not everyone in the US is an asshole- you are the minority. Definately you and assholes like you do not represent the best this place has to offer. Now fuck off.

yawn. your little outbursts are sooo boring, little man.

Reminds me of the story, how 2 border guards did a strip search on a woman in Blain. Except they fucked with a wrong person- turns out she was a stuffer for one of the senators. Needless to say the heads rolled. Asshole at the booth is a public employee and is representing this country. He/she should leave the hissy fits at home and remember that they are the image of this nation. A deeps hit like that might be a hero to you, but not everyone in the US is an asshole- you are the minority. Definately you and assholes like you do not represent the best this place has to offer. Now fuck off.

yawn. your little outbursts are sooo boring, little man.

oh yea, coolness is oozing out of your ass.....