Green lakes TH access

chris54

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering about green lakes TH going back in to broken top and the south sister.

How abouts this trail? ...

... just be sure not to snap your binding off on the descent. Well, unless you're in the mood for type 2 fun. ; )

iphone-1.jpg

iphone-2.jpg

iphone-3.jpg

iphone-4.jpg

iphone-5.jpg

iphone-6.jpg

iphone-7.jpg

iphone-8.jpg

iphone-9.jpg

iphone-10.jpg

iphone-11.jpg

iphone-12.jpg

not this weekend unless someone fucked with the flux capacitors and space-time continuum between green lakes and hayden glacier/pole creek. the snow was totally saturated from 8500ft and below (and probably higher) and pretty dirty/nasty in the trees over by pole creek.

Sorry guys, for I gave outdated information there seeing as how those images are 2 months old, but they were eager to be seen.

I would've posted a TR back then, but nothing much exciting happened other than breaking a ski and post holing for 8 hours on our way out. Aside from that happening it's a great route.

not this weekend unless someone fucked with the flux capacitors and space-time continuum between green lakes and hayden glacier/pole creek. the snow was totally saturated from 8500ft and below (and probably higher) and pretty dirty/nasty in the trees over by pole creek.

We skied off the notch at the base of the NE arete (around 7800)on the N sister on Sunday and found perfect corn well into the trees. We didn't take our skies off until around 6000 . Granted, the last 500 ft was survival skiing but it really wasn't that bad if I could do it. TONS of good snow left in there and I'm getting new planks tomorrow! Get some before it's gone.

interesting... we skied over on hayden on sunday, so much for the forecast i guess, my first time touring so went as mellow as i knew. i think we too kept the skis on to almost the mid-way point between soap crk and pole crk TH--stayed high a lot of traversing and survival in the trees but better than walking. i'm a newb so not sure if it was good corn.. maybe a bit up higher? seemed so saturated..down low we were able to 'skin' without skins i think due to the water suction.

what skis you getting? pm if prevent thread drift.. cheers