• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
corvallisclimb

Tieton rock climbng question?

Can any one tell me what the formation in the picture below is? Is that the Goose Egg or whatever? Never been up there but looks like a killer destination for some fly-in climbing...

1295395745.JPG

Edited by corvallisclimb

Yes. That is Goose Egg. I should know, we climbed it on Tues and camped behind it for 5 days.

How bout fly in ice climbing in the winter???? Strobach is right there too:)

Once I have a Super Cub or Maule on skis, I will report back!!!

Yes. That is Goose Egg. I should know, we climbed it on Tues and camped behind it for 5 days.

So did you camp at the CG on the side of the airstrip in the picture? I saw your pictures on FB which was kinda what got me thinking then I put it all together. So what would the access be like walking from the airstrip in the photo? Obviously looks like Goose Egg would be a piece of cake to walk to but is Kloochman or any of that cragging close by? Looks cool enough I just ordered the guide book so I assume that can answer any question.

We camped on the other side of Goose Egg from where the picture was taken. Right next to the river. Some of the best camping I have ever experienced. I only got one tick stuck me.......lol.