trailheads requiring passes

allthumbs

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by vegetablebelay:

The list is only the trailheads in the Mt Baker - Snoqualmie NP. There are a ton of other fee places outside of that one.
[Mad][Mad][Mad]

if i wanted to talk to an asshole like you veggie, i would've farted [big Grin][big Grin]

jus' kiddin [big Drink]

i'm only concerned with my own stompin' grounds. do yur own research then for where you go [Moon][laf]

[ 07-01-2002, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: trask ]

5. Are there any places left in Northwest forests where people can recreate without being charged a fee?

Yes. Most of the National Forest lands in Oregon and Washington are available without fees. There are no-fee areas in each of the Pacific Northwest’s National Forests.

Here's the list they should print - I'll bet it's a pretty small one.

Kiss it Trask [Moon] You know you want to. [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

i'm afraid of mt. si

scot'terx tells me it's overrun

with cougars

You're safe as long as you are not carrying any horsecock [Wink] . Trask, I thought the only thing you climbed was out of your Barcalounger for another beer and more pork rinds.

Greg W

trask was writing

freeform haikus

but they arent

very good [Razz]

"Blank Verse" describes

the looks on his

readers' faces as they

scan his latest opus.

Damn you can

make just about anything

POETRY

if you use enough

line breaks.

And if you mention

horses

then its COWBOY

POETRY

Well, having read Baker-Snoqualamie's faq on the NW Forest Pass, I sent them some questions (pasted below). I'll let ya'll know what I hear back.

Regarding your page at http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/nwpass/nwfp_q_a.htm I have a few questions you did not ask or provide answers for in your FAQ:

1: Do you in fact count every pass purchased as an endorsement of the fee demo program? This is widely bandied about as fact, and you need to address it. If you don't, I can only assume that you are in fact engaged in this fraudulent statistical game.

2: Are educational or spiritual uses of of the national forests exempt from user fees? If so, how does one establish this exemption?

3: If the Forest Service collects fees from logging and mining users, why are these fees often insufficient to cover costs? The Forest Service is widely perceived as providing industrial subsidies in the form of money losing timber sales and below market value land leases. Your statement in the FAQ that all users are charged fees disingenuously evades answering the real question, why aren't the profit making high impact uses of the National Forests charged enough to cover costs in all cases? If you are going to assert that the NFS never loses money in timber sales, you must provide credible documentation rather than a bland unsupported assertion.

1. I never pay.

2. NFS never collects if you're ticketed.

3. If the road closes, less traffic => less people on the route.

4. Even the NFS personnel think NFS policies are "stupid". Quote by un named NPS worker

5. If they close access you can still hike in.

I would love to hear how they reply to your questions? LOL