Stupid use of FB "like" button

glassgowkiss

I quit FB so I could refocus on what is important in life: cc.com guitar

Fixed for ya!

Its ironic. The more you promote Ron Paul and cheesy guitar butt rock the more I hate both of them.

Paco De Lucia and John McLaughlin are cheesy guitar butt rock? Who knew? :fahq:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using all of cc.coms funds to short facebook. Hope it works out like SRS did.

Holy shit that worked out for you! Whens the retirement partaaaayyy?

Any and all unemployed lawyers will be jumping on Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan now in what will be one of the biggest shareholder lawsuits ever seen. They changed horses mid-stream. Which is illegal as it turns out.

facebook-stock-google-finance.jpg

Down another 5% today.

Any and all unemployed lawyers will be jumping on Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan now in what will be one of the biggest shareholder lawsuits ever seen. They changed horses mid-stream. Which is illegal as it turns out.

I'm familiar with the various ways the IPO was botched, and I personally agree that the value of facebook as a company was nowhere near the value of the initial offering -- but I haven't heard any substantiated, credible evidence of any of these investment firms breaking the law specifically regarding this IPO.

What do you mean by "changing horses midstream" -- are you referring to adding extra stock at the last minute, or raising the offer price, or perhaps the last-minute downgraded estimates by the investment firm's own research division? All of these are indeed highly unusual, but not necessarily illegal and I haven't seen any article claiming that there is any actual evidence of fraud or criminal misconduct, or mentioning serious pending massive class-action shareholder lawsuits. Who is the defendant? Morgan Stanley? Facebook? Do you have a (preferably non tinfoil-hat) link you can share, I'd be interested to read it. I've seen lots of negative articles criticizing the IPO but none specifically reporting credible evidence of lawbreaking. Thanks!

Fixed for ya!

Its ironic. The more you promote Ron Paul and cheesy guitar butt rock the more I hate both of them.

Perhaps Kev is confusing Ron Paul with Les Paul

Fixed for ya!

Perhaps Kev is confusing Ron Paul with Les Paul

It's a good thing there is no guitar manufacturer named Gingrich.

Looks like there is going to be massive legal action against Morgan Stanley and FB. I predict demise of both.

Just wanted to get your illustrious prediction on record so I can make fun of you later.

Sure thing, I was wrong before. However any time Congress starts to investigate usually outcome is not so good.

Looks like there is going to be massive legal action against Morgan Stanley and FB. I predict demise of both.

Just wanted to get your illustrious prediction on record so I can make fun of you later.

Sure thing, I was wrong before. However any time Congress starts to investigate usually outcome is not so good.

Yeah, but when has congress EVER really punished an investment firm? And it will take more than this to get rid of FB. Although the situation is obviously FUBAR

it seems to me whenever congress investigates something, usually there is a lot of hot air and nothing actually ends up actually happening, especially if it's anybody from wall street involved. Just lots of token admonishments.

Their IPO price was 105 P/E. Apple is trading at an astonishingly low 13.77. Why would anyone want to be involved?

who knows. I ask the same thing about AMZN every day, but at least amazon actually has sales growth. If you think FB's P/E to bad, check out their P/S. Ouch!

Facebook would have to trade at around $9 to meet the nasdaq average of 20 P/E for tech companies

Edited by rob

FB stock is going nowhere or down. Despite the initial thrill they need to show investors the green. FB makes money from adds. They need more adds to make investors happy.

The only problem is folks only tolerate so many adds before they jump ship. Loosing users isn't going to make advertising agencies happy. People did put up with NBC, CBS,... adds for years but the market was quite a bit smaller.

Once the next big popular thing pops up on the web bye bye FB. I know My Space is still here, but..

I think you guys are really overestimating things if you think facebook will quickly disappear. They aren't losing users, after all, nor are they unprofitable. Stagnant stock will not destroy a company -- just look at Microsoft.

Of course eventually Facebook will fade away, replaced by something else -- nothing lasts forever. But I think it's too simplistic to think it's just going to suddenly go away overnight. Especially if they figure out local search and local mobile ads, which is definitely the next big frontier for search in general. God knows they have the data, if they could figure out how to index and use it right.

Just because their stock is over-valued doesn't mean that facebook itself is now suddenly doomed. Given that Zuckerberg still has a majority share of stock, actually the stock price doesn't even really matter. Who cares if the shareholders get pissed off, it's not like they can outvote the chief. And FB already took their billions and ran.

Edited by rob

Oh I agree they ain't sinking like the Titanic. It's more like somebody keeps poking at the hull with an ice pick. They may go down, or limp along for years. My Space is still here.

MySpace is not a valid comparison at all. They never were what FB is today. And yes, they still exist with a minimal skeleton crew. FB has a LONG way to fall to get there.

Especially if they figure out local search and local mobile ads, which is definitely the next big frontier for search in general.

That's a mighty big "if" just like the data mining "if" which is a fair bit off I think. The bigger conversion issue is going between Facebook content and business content. Example: an Irish packaging company found their facebook participation didn't return shit compared to Google - which makes sense because you Google shit to research it. Facebooks ads aren't relative without some deep knowledge of the Social Graph and then how do you market it?

They won't immediately go away but for them to be an advertising superpower they have to have a more subtle understanding of the customer than Google and be able to succesfully market it which takes some big thinking.

Myspace had 1/4 the users. Why isn't that valid? Shit, I wish I had those hotsluts friending me.

Oh I agree they ain't sinking like the Titanic. It's more like somebody keeps poking at the hull with an ice pick. They may go down, or limp along for years. My Space is still here.

MySpace is not a valid comparison at all. They never were what FB is today. And yes, they still exist with a minimal skeleton crew. FB has a LONG way to fall to get there.

Sorry that's as close as I could come to a comparison when it comes to social networks. Yep FB is much bigger.