Stupid use of FB "like" button

glassgowkiss

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fakebook is where loving parents go to be *liked* after they toss their kids a bag of cheetos for dinner.

It's funny how everybody sees their own demographic on facebook. For example, I only see hipsters and douchebags.

It's funny how everybody sees their own demographic on facebook. For example, I only see hipsters and douchebags.

kind of like cc.com-except this consists mostly of douchebags.

Bob, that was your 2,666 post. Great timing.

I've got cc.com t-shirt to the first person who can resurrect one of the hundreds of "last one out turn the lights/server off" threads.

I'm using all of cc.coms funds to short facebook. Hope it works out like SRS did.

I'm using all of cc.coms funds to short facebook. Hope it works out like SRS did.

:laf: :laf: :laf::tup:

I'm bearish on FB for these reasons.

• It will come out it was funded by the CIA private venture firm. Not sure people are going to "like" that.
  • Someone is going to hack them in a major way, and the privacy concerns will be their undoing. They are target #1.
  • People are eventually going to revolt when they realize how much information an app developer or API user has access to. For instance, with your permission, I can get a list of all of your friends on FB via their API. How many people blindly click the "allow" button not realizing what they are giving away.
  • I think this is a big one and my professional opinion vs a conspiracy theory. People are throwing money into FB ads with little understanding on how to measure ROI or develop real KPIs. Most businesses are doing this in blind faith and as the analytics services industry become more popular and easier to use people will start seeing advertising $ > conversion $ and put their money in better marketing investments.

Edited by jon

i think you guys are nuts. Anybody in the ad market will tell you the future of advertising is in micro-relevance. Facebook isn't going anywhere. Ads (especially mobile ads) are just going to become more and more relevant and advertising companies are going to continue to know more and more about you and that is not going to change for quite a while. This idea that people are going to suddenly wake up and rebel against this, or that the entire world will somehow shift radically back to pre-facebook levels of privacy is just wishful thinking.

If FB can figure out how to mine and use the data at their finger prints, they will own advertising -- and search. We'll see if they're smart enough to figure this out, but if they don't someone else will.

i think you guys are nuts. Anybody in the ad market will tell you the future of advertising is in micro-relevance. Facebook isn't going anywhere. Ads (especially mobile ads) are just going to become more and more relevant and advertising companies are going to continue to know more and more about you and that is not going to change for quite a while. This idea that people are going to suddenly wake up and rebel against this, or that the entire world will somehow shift radically back to pre-facebook levels of privacy is just wishful thinking.

If FB can figure out how to mine and use the data at their finger prints, they will own advertising -- and search. We'll see if they're smart enough to figure this out, but if they don't someone else will.

yes, you also sprayed along with kkk and fw how great the economy was doing in 2008 and how mcsame will win the elections. not only you were a great political expert, now you are an expert on advertising.

yes, you also sprayed along with kkk and fw how great the economy was doing in 2008 and how mcsame will win the elections. not only you were a great political expert, now you are an expert on advertising.

LOL, I did? You must have me mistaken for somebody else, dude. I was never a McCain supporter, where did you even get that idea? Back in 2008 FW was still busy making personal insults out of my pending divorce and shit.

:lmao:

LOL, I did? You must have me mistaken for somebody else, dude. I was never a McCain supporter, where did you even get that idea? Back in 2008 FW was still busy making personal insults out of my pending divorce and shit.

:lmao:

a masseur of hairy dudes is much more qualified to comment on technology trends than you Rob

i think you guys are nuts. Anybody in the ad market will tell you the future of advertising is in micro-relevance.

You are right, it is. But people don't go onto FB to buy stuff, they email their friends (gmail) and google research it. They go on FB to screw around and see what friends are doing. They are banking on the spontaneous purchaser market, which IMO isn't very big(need data on this). People right now are paying for impressions not clicks and conversions, they are paying for what they believe works when most don't have any evidence to confirm it does.