Cascade Climbers Fall Ropeup needs you!

Beck

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys all rock!! We've got ehmmic boldly volunteering to coordinate all the goods, ehmmic will be getting in touch just to confirm the items you all will bring,I'll start compiling a list of people that get in on the free camping at the group site.

I'm new to this site and pretty much a low-timer with respects to climbing. Is this thing only for the self-professed climbing experts? Or are those who can't yet do the double-digit rated (ie. 5.10+) routes welcome? Is there going to be any climbing? Or just partying? I wonder if anyone would be interested in climbing with a determined low-timer. Also, are any females going or is it all guys? I'm a female, so just curious. Sounds like it could be something fun to do for a weekend, and I'm wanting to meet climbers so I can get the heck out on the rocks more often and get better, but just want to know what's expected, and what's welcome, etc. Oh, and being that profiles don't reveal ages, are you all a wide variety of ages? (Just curious.)

Maybe someone could organize a demo like the shoe and gear companies do, only it would be a cooking gear demo, and GSI would contribute some of those backcountry espresso makers to demo, and Coleman would demo their top of the line green 2-burner camp stoves?

Just to clarify,

Moonchild and everyone else,

There's a group CG that has 55 spaces m/l and a first come first serve site that has 175 spaces- people that are actually contributing something, and select invited guests, gets to stay at the group CG, every one else needs to secure their own spot at the regular Bridge Creek site or elsewheres.

That's all that's meant by VIP area, there's no sense of elitism, it's just who's helping out gets to camp for free.

Hmmm camp for free in a site with 54 others and a bunch of drunken singers late into the night, or pay a small fee and camp in a quiter spot nearby... that's a tough call. Of course if you plan to be closin' down the party every night then the choice is simpler since you don't need to worry about the rowdies keeping you awake - you gonna be one of them (us?)

Peace, moonbeam, plenty of stuff left to do for the party if you want to help out, but, yes, most all of the spots are reserved already, we're using some for the logistics of this thing, more space for the event stuff, there's 30 people or so on the list and I'm reserving some in case say, Ed Viesturs, or Jim Nelson, or Viktor Kramer, or whoever, shows up, so yes, the group campgrounds just about full up.

If anyone wants to help with Sunday Breakfast,let me know. If you can bring some big griddles and a bigass coffeepot, let me know. If you want to play music, let me know. Give a talk on the ethics of clean climbing, let me know. Be a safety during the day on Saturday, let me know.

Allright, Cavey, that'll put you in the VIP Lounge area- Hey everone, still looking for a couple people to cook pancakes Sunday morning, Can all the people that are bringing the colemans let me know if you can bring griddle plates, BIG pots for boiling water or mixing batter in, and a BIG country coffee cooker- The VIP area is filling up quick, just room for a few more folks who want to help out with Sunday Breakfast-

I can cook. Yes that is true - I can cook. My appliances are propane and I have a tower that allows you to run multi units. Are you set on this type of stuff? I have 2 tanks and all related items being a chef by profession. Would like to meet the people seen posting here. My heart goes out to the victims of the recent tragedy. Carter's computer is broken but I'll alert him in Granite Falls. Which campground is it? It must be the big one- I know which one I think. I'll get my own spot but would like to help.