Cascade Climbers Fall Ropeup needs you!

Beck

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cascade Climbers Fall Ropeup will be upon us quicker than we all realize and I am making a pledge for assistance in pulling togther some basic resources and getting a commitment on these items. A pledge to supply an item will assure you a camping spot in the group campsite, for everyone else there is no such guarantees (Some of you however, have already been assured spots in the VIP area- names to be released on the VIP list shortly)

Items we need to bring this to a very fun conclusion are:

Firewood (Alpine K you in?)

Slide Projector (Eddie E, you the man?)

Generator-

Slack rope and rope for campground-

anyone have a bunch of old ropes?

Tiki Torches or lanterns

Tarps or dining canopies

Coleman two burner and big coffee kettle

Assorted sundries-

Big bag of Toilet Paper

Bunch of paper towels

Box of big garbage bags

And a call goes out for anyone who wants to play some music, we'll probably have a big bluegrass/country jam as well,

Definetly looking for committed(or committable!) musicians to perform-

let me know if you want to bring your instrument or do some songs!

Also, although there are no plans to have a big barbeque, if someone wanted to be a barbeque host, let me know

So I think that's it. post to this thread if you want to help out, I'll make sure you get a free camping site reserved for you at the group site.

Beck

Wow, guys and girls, I'm rather suprised in the lack of desire to come be part of the fest. Willstrickland, thanks brother and hikerwa, well, you ROCK! already. Rafael, WILL you make it?

I'm trying to get this shit wrapped up so the fest goes smooth for everyone else, I'd love to see some more enthuasism and cooperation, but I guess this is some wierd funky selfish "it's all about ME!" times we live in.

sorry for the rant, just thought more people would pitch in for the party!

I can't go as my wife needs me around that weekend. Honest. Those who know me know I wouldn't miss a good party.

Do you want my margarita recipe or will this be a beer thing?

But I know you boys/girls will have fun. Just watchin' certain of you flirt would be worth the price of admission.

Ciao,

John

I have at least six old ropes that are in good enough condition to use for top-ropes, if that is what you want them for. For other acivities, I may have ten. If somebody had a digital camera, particularly if they had one of those mini battery-powered printers that go with it, we could have some real fun.

I can bring a 6 foot folding table if you think there may be a shortage of picnic table area (I can't remember what the group camp looks like).

You've mentioned slack line and bouldering, but one point not yet discussed is the fact that the world's number one swimming hole is located right below a climb called "Titties and Beer." It is on private property, but the owner has in the past acquiesced to climber's use of the place. There is a wonderful sunbathing ledge, and a thrilling high jump. Perhaps a diving contest?

This could be what I'm looking for, being new to climbing. Will there be people willing to take a "newbie" on some of the easier stuff? (So far I've managed up to a 5.8 short route.) I can get some killer fire wood and I have a slide projector. Let me know. I also have a guitar but will only sing if nobody is home; wait a minute, my dog begged me to stop the other day so ixnay on the singingay! But I'll bring my guitar if you want.

Beck! I didn't see you mention my personal requirements in your equipment list! They are as follows:

- my own air-conditioned trailer stocked with ice-cold Mickey's and several babes;

- a personal masseuse;

- fresh sushi platters and Mexican appetizers for aprez-top-rope snacking;

- a personal chef;

- a lazy boy recliner with the availability of several strong young bucks to move it around to suitable locations;

- a sound system with an intercom, P.A., and a selection of Frank Zappa c.d.'s.

- I'll let you know what else.

But seriously folks, I've got some Tiki stuff: a plastic Tiki dude, some Tiki torches, and a California State flag that I will proudly fly in such a place where the locals can't have their way with it. Sign me up for the VIP area, Beck. You'll need a place to park that trailer you're arranging and even if I can't make it, you can use the Tiki stuff.

- Dwayner

I am there with an extra rope or two, beer, a stove, and a desire to climb.

I do not have a bbq but will bring a Costco size batch of meat for barbecuing or making aluminum foil pockets, whatever people like. Some kinda marinade will be involved to enhance said meat.

Any prefered meaty products?

Titties and Beer does sound like fun though.

miker