Rap over Sagittarius/10%/Japanese Gardens

Rafael_H

Hey folks!

I'd like to walk in and rap down over climbs between (and including) Iron Horse/Sagittarius and Japanese Gardens to set up solo TRs. Let's assume first pitches only for now as I have never been above and would not recognize tiers above first when looking down. Where should I go? After looking at the books I am thinking the safest rightmost part of the Shield that I can walk up to directly with a pack and two ropes. Is that far enough east to rap more or less straight down?

Going there tomorrow morning though...

Only if you've done it!

Thanks!!!!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done that but I've been up from the bottom on those routes. I think you could only walk/scramble safely to the anchor at the base of newest industry. Straight down from that and you rap tadpole/model worker which are left of those routes. Not sure if you can swing over or traverse further from there.

Pressure Drop below the upper wall is really good for solo tr'ing and I think there are other routes in that area that you can get to the top of more easily including stuff below the perverse traverse and on other small crags.

Edit: I'm also not sure if two sixties will get you down from below model worker? Marginal karma, dwarf tossing and stuff over that way might be good options too.

Edited by ryanb