HOOD SNOW CAT SEATS AVAILABLE THIS SAT MAY 12TH

Pwelco

Calling all Mount Hood climbers,

A quick note for those that don't wish to hike up a ski run, we have seats available on the snow cat this Saturday May 12th at 2AM.

At this time we have 4 seats available. If you are interested I can be contacted at paul@cascadeclimbs.com.

The entire cat fee this year is a crazy $500.00 bucks!! so the seats are 35 bucks ea. The cat holds 12 plus gear but these 4 will still leave seats available for breathing room, our team is down to 5 :shock:

Cheers,

Pwelco

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it's beautiful but every time I climb the south side, I'm annoyed by the snow plows engine and it's back up beeping noise. I've climbed parking lot to summit several times and would much rather pay the 35 bucks. But I'm just your weakend worrier. Oh I'm kinda lazy too.

it takes about 4-5 hours to cover the same distance, running on manpower. Imagine that youre making 100+ $ per hour to hike on a beautiful mountain... $500 tab later at the bar at t line!!

4-5 hours? Maybe you need to add some wheels to your walker.

Last minute cancelations of the four seats available are back up for grabs.

Had another two drop out due to illness so now have 6 open seats. If you'd like to join I can be reached at paul@cascadeclimbs.com and will check it until 9PM tonight. Fee is 35ea.

Thx,

Paul

I've got three open seats in my helicopter. We're planning on going straight to the summit. And we're leaving from Seattle- actually my backyard so I can roll out of bed right into the helicopter. If anyone wants to join, tickets are $350 a piece. Really a good deal if you factor in gas for the drive, avoided tips for your sherpa and the $35 you won't have to spend on those noisy cats.

I love when people compare the south side of hood to everest. Not everybody is a fare means climber. Some just like to get out and enjoy a mild climb. More power to you if your a badass. But it's the south side of hood not some super hard route.

""More power to you if your a badass. But it's the south side of hood not some super hard route. ""

this statement is self contradictory.

the top of the lift is only about an hour. It's 4 to 5 hours to the summit.

If you need to ride a snow cat you aren't a climber

""More power to you if your a badass. But it's the south side of hood not some super hard route. ""

this statement is self contradictory.

the top of the lift is only about an hour. It's 4 to 5 hours to the summit.

If you need to ride a snow cat you aren't a climber

That's my point not every one is trying to be " a climber ". Some of us don't need to tell people were climbers to feel good inside. We get out because we enjoy it, not to live up to someone else's standards. But it's cool if putting down the weak makes you feel better about your own climbing ability.

Edited by chris54

The relevant date has passed, but what's with the self-righteous BS? So what if these guys want to take the cat? Let's extend the "You're not a real climber if ..." logic:

You're not a real climber if you don't start hiking or skiing from Government Camp.

I would like a Cat Stevens hoody.

Here's my swipe at self-righteousness: Real climbers don't care what these guys do because there's no real climbing on Mt Hood.

I hope the OP and crew had fun.