Emmons/ Rainier partner first wk in June

I'll be out in the Seattle area for the first 10 days of June and am hoping to rope up with another climber for a Rainier ascent via Emmons. I summited last summer unguided via the DC and am looking to try out other routes. I'd love to head up via Kautz but realize I'm much more likely to find takers for Emmons (and haven't lead ice climbed so I'm at the mercy of finding a climbing partner generous in sharing his/her knowledge on ice). Dates are somewhat flexible, I have about 7-8 days to mix and match between Rainier and other climbs in the area. Drop a line if interested!

Pat

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pat,

I'd be interested in Emmons on 4th-5th of June (driving up from PDX on the 3rd) if there's a good window for it. My dates are not flexible though. Also, I've never climbed Rainier, though I climb Hood/Adams often.

Cal

Hi Cal,

Those dates would work for me. I'll either be coming from the cascades if tentative plans to do another climb that weekend hold up but otherwise i'll probably be down in the portland area too (hood). With experience on hood/adams I suspect you'll be fine on emmons. Do you have a rope? Also do you have a pair of pickets or should I bring a couple?

Pat

I too am interested in a Rainier climb. Emmons or Kautz. I have lead ice climbing experience but would like to take 3 days to summit. My last two tries at a 2 day ascent crippled me with AMS.

I am probably available 4-7th of June. PM me if anyone with experience is interested. Please no newbies to glacier travel.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

my name is Michael and I'm from Bavaria. I would like to climb Rainer using touring ski.

I brought my ski touring gear including ice axe.

I just saw your discussion and are now unsure if your ideas and my idea fit together. Are they using ski?

I'm not so much a rock climber, but I have quite experience in ski touring inkluding glaciers.

My favorite route would be Ingram and Emmons glacier in two steps:

First day: White river camp ground -> Ingram glacier -> camp schuman (tent)

Secound day: Camp Schuhman Emmons glacier -> summit -> camp schuhmann (collect the gear left behind) -> White river camp ground.

If there is anybody out there who is interested please reply here or send a PM. Even if it doesn't fit it would be kind to reply since I have then a definitive answer

Michael

PS: This (http://fotoalbum.web.de/ui/external/VaamfKIuSHqGm2G-gnL1RA00103) is did last weekend in the Alps in my favorite area Karwendel.

Edited by mik68