Odd post on CL seems like stolen gear

Devin27

Could be a false alarm, but this ad seems very sketchy to me. Is anyone missing some ascenders, cams and daisy chains?

If I am wrong I apologize.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/spo/2990573674.html

Quoted from the ad

See pictures below. Selling as a set for ridiculous price. 250 takes everything.

4 ascenders,

7 rock anchors,

3 ice anchors,

2 friction devices,

7 accessorie beeners,

and 4 strap thingies that you can use for lots of stuff. (not sure what you call them)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds quite strange. If someone is in the area, it might be an idea to act like you are interested and check out the items, perhaps saying that you are interested, but need some time to get the money. Sign up for an email account, such as yahoo, so as you don't use your normal email address.

I picked up a hitchhiker near Sultan who asked me if I had any meth, and then tried to get me back to his house to buy a bunch of "climbing rope" -- he claimed he had an entire spool of it. Creepy dude.

I picked up a hitchhiker near Sultan who asked me if I had any meth, and then tried to get me back to his house to buy a bunch of "climbing rope" -- he claimed he had an entire spool of it. Creepy dude.

Nick and I picked up a hitch hiker in Sultan on our way back from Index. He said he lived in Teepee in the woods. I said 'Crazy Man' in a beatnick way. He took great offense and the rest of the ride was kind of frightening. I was happy Nick, a stong dude, was sitting in the middle in the truck.

Edited by DPS